No, valve, No! Bad Developer! Bad!

asiepshtain

Apr 28, 2008
I get home from work all happy and stuff, open my computer and launch steam. The update news window pops-up with a huge photo of gordon freeman, and a caption saying "GORDON NEEDS YOU"

My brain looks at the photo for half a second and goes:
"YES! Episode three at last! OMG! It's been so long! I miss Gordon and Alex so much" and...

It's a fucking request to vote for gordon freeman as best action hero or some shit on Gamespot. What a mind-fuck. Valve, I love your games beyond description, but you're a very slow developr. In the future, please refrain from taunting me, the wait is hard enough as is.

P.S.
WHERE THE HELL IS EPISODE 3?!

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Maybe they changed their mind and they will make a completely new game instead of the third add-on to a game that's four or five years old? It's the only excuse I can think of, especially considering they managed to bring out L4D and soon it's sequel between Episode 2 and 3.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
asiepshtain said:
Valve, I love your games beyond description, but you're a very slow developer.
Did you ever consider the possibility that Valve makes great games BECAUSE they're slow developers. In other words, would you rather have a shoddy, rushed version of Episode 3 on your lap right now, or a legitimate game?

Episode 3 will come in due time. In the meantime, VOTE FOR FREEMAN!

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
I had the exact same reaction.
I immediately did a search for ep3 on Steam, but no luck. I was sad.
I,of course, voted FOR THE ONE FREE MAN!

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I like the fact the games take a while. I hate it when I buy a game and there's already a sequel in the making.

Repulsionary

Jan 21, 2009
Naturalized said:
Repulsionary said:
Apparently Valve is subscribing to the Blizzard mindset of "You'll get it when it's done."
That's a good thing though. I love Blizz
I love Blizz, too, but sometimes I get the distinct feeling that they hate their users. Or are secretly sadists.
Or we're all secretly masochists.

zombflux

Oct 7, 2009
Aren't you guys glad Valve has taken a new episodic approach to Half-Life 2 so that they can release new episodes every few months at the same price?

Fuck Valve.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
HardRockSamurai said:
Did you ever consider the possibility that Valve makes great games BECAUSE they're slow developers. In other words, would you rather have a shoddy, rushed version of Episode 3 on your lap right now, or a legitimate game?

Episode 3 will come in due time.
I have three words that completely undermine what you've said right there (you may want to be sitting down for this).

'Duke Nukem Forever'.

They kept saying 'it'll be done when it's done' and had a dedicated fan base waiting for their proverbial Holy Grail to desend from the Heavens but...twelve years later and 3D Realms backed out and we have no game.

All I'm saying here is don't get your hopes up and don't for a moment think that because a game takes a long time to make that it will automatically be of a higher quality.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Iron Mal said:
HardRockSamurai said:

Episode 3 will come in due time.
I have three words that completely undermine what you've said right there (you may want to be sitting down for this).

'Duke Nukem Forever'.
ummm, it's only been a year since Episode 3 was announced, and you're already comparing it to Duke Nukem Forever? Additionally, Valve has already shown evidence that they've been working on Episode 3, the same kind of evidence we had to wait NINE YEARS to see from Duken Nukem Forever.

Heel fanboy, heel. Episode 3 will come out in due time.