No Witcher 3 DLC This Week, But A Massive Patch is Coming

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
No Witcher 3 DLC This Week, But A Massive Patch is Coming

CD Projekt Red detailed Witcher 3's large upcoming patch in a forum post Monday.

CD Projekt Red Community and Website Coordinator Marcin Momot highlighted the details of Witcher 3's upcoming Patch 1.07 in a forum post [http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/52056-Patch-1-07-coming-soon-to-all-platforms] Monday. Included is a reorganization of inventory, with multiple new sorting options and books even getting their own tab. Crafting and alchemy items will no longer be weighted, and "various improvements" will be made to horse behavior.

There will be no free DLC for Witcher 3 players this week, as the patch has required "all hands on deck" in order to ensure it is released on time. "Don't worry - free content comes back next week," Momot wrote. "We hope you understand our decision. We've gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible."

The full list of revealed updates are below, with the full change list for Patch 1.07 coming later this week.

A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
Various improvements to horse behavior.

Earlier this week Momot also teased tweaks to Triss' romance arc in response to fans showing disappointment with the lack of Triss content. "Just to let everyone know. We pay very close attention to everything you guys write in this thread," clarified [http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40694-The-Triss-content-and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice?p=1813923&viewfull=1#post1813923] that this does not mean "new content," rather "we will be implementing small additions and tweaks in character dialogues that should please many folks in this thread."

Razorback0z

Feb 10, 2009
"But A Massive Patch is Coming"

And that's why I didn't buy it on release. Now I get the working version from the bargain bin.

Call me smart if you want, its true. But if more people did it, we wouldn't have so many bugged releases.

If you want to improve games, stop pre-ordering.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
Wow, I wouldn't have wanted any of these fixes, but sounds like they will greatly improve usability. I want a fix for no dialog in 5.1/7.1 sound.

Gatlank

Aug 26, 2014
?Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
For all difficulties or just the easy ones?

?Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
Finaly. I have at least a couple of them waiting.

Made in China

Apr 2, 2013
Razorback0z said:

And that's why I didn't buy it on release. Now I get the working version from the bargain bin.

Call me smart if you want, its true. But if more people did it, we wouldn't have so many bugged releases.

While I have to agree about preordering, Witcher 3 was not released broken or bugged, at least not compared to its size. It wasn't perfect, sure, but it was well worth the $60. Now they're tweaking and improving it based on popular opinion alongside with some bug fixes, and they couldn't have known those things sooner.
Also, you're getting free DLC after its release, so you can't really claim cash grab or unfinished product about that - it's just content that isn't worth the delay it will cause.

Really, dude, it's CD Projekt Red. They're one of the most beloved (as far as I see it) companies in the gaming industry for a reason.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Razorback0z said:

There are plenty of games that you could make that statement on but Witcher 3 is not one of them. As others have stated, while there are a few bug fixes (no game can ever be 100% bug free) there are no game breaking ones. Most of the changes are to the gameplay based on community feedback, not something you can see ahead of time and the fact they bother is reason to support them as it shows a respect of their community.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Razorback0z said:

Mine was a gift. And I'm still gonna preorder. Just not AAA titles.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Razorback0z said:

Other people have told you but this has nothing to do with pre-order. This is just their means to address bunch of nitpicks that people have to this fantastic game.

But yeah, don't pre-order. Even the slightest possibility of disappointment is never worth the investment.

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Eh, who cares about not pre ordering anymore, at least on steam. Comes out broken? Welp, guess I'll just refund and buy it later, no harm done.

OT: The game was fantastic, but these sound like great fixes, quite excited

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
I'm somewhat curious, and also impressed that they're making it optional just in case players like myself find it a bit annoying to get used to and prefer the old way.

A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
A most welcome addition. I'm getting a little sick of carrying around my old witcher's swords that I may or may not need in the future (read: upgrades).

Very nice. Wanted that for a while now. The fact that I'm constantly sitting on 100 encumbrance out of 160 at minimum at all times is kind of worrying.

Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
This will be extremely useful when it comes to quests that involve you reading various books and notes.

That will make things a little easier, but I'm already doing quite fine with the button at the bottom of the inventory screen that auto-sorts your inventory for you.

Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
This is going to be very, very helpful.

Something I'm grateful for.

A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
I'm feeling it now, Mr Krabs!

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
The tweaks are a welcome change, stuff like this in the previous games usually came later, if not in the EE, they are stepping up their game huge time. Not including the stash from the get go was an oversight for sure, that was probably the first thing they did with TW2 too, why leave it for a patch yet again? I don't get the horse hate though, maybe it's wonky on the controller? Apart from appearing in stupid places sometimes when called, I think it handled well. But I'm one of them weird folks who had no problems with the Mako in ME1, so feel free to disregard my opinion. :D

Razorback0z said:
If only most game releases were this buggy, and received gameplay updates based on community feedback.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
ffs-dontcare said:
Very nice. Wanted that for a while now. The fact that I'm constantly sitting on 100 encumbrance out of 160 at minimum at all times is kind of worrying.
In this regard, to be fair, I don't think it makes a ton of difference. I'm sitting at 128/130 all the time these days, with 10-15 being attributable to the witcher gear I'm carrying in case of upgrades, around 25-30 being attributable to my current equipment, MAYBE 10 to all of crafting, books, and alchemy combined [Each individual piece of material weighs 0.01 for 90% of materials. I keep under 10 of all, as I'm not going to need more than 10 most of the time. I would be lucky to have 5 weight from alchemy really]. Also have around 10-12 from trophies as I never want to sell them, they are my achievements and I'll carry them around in by backpack as a bloody head collector =D

Where does all my weight come from?
Fucking crossbow bolts. I've got 80 crossbow bolts that I can't sell [Well, there's one merchant I can sell them to, but he has 500 crowns, and selling them at 80 crowns each... Not going to happen fast], that I can't use [2 levels too low], and that have a weight of 15. And that's just one stack of the damn things.
Seriously, where does all this crossbow bolt weight come from?
Drop the crossbow bolt weight and I'd be happy really, that would be the biggest change to my carry weight.

Otherwise, awesome sounding patch. Cannot wait.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
What a great developer. They actually look at what players want, and then implement the things free of charge. Many other devs would charge for a stash type system. CD instead says "you guys are right, that is a good idea." and then puts it in.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
About fucking time for storage. I want all of the Witcher Gear damnit! Hopefully now, Roach won't stop on invisible walls and I can finally do the Fools Gold quest, only twenty levels too late.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
So.. dodging, rolling and ...? somersault!? What are we talking about

Great! Now I can finally search for all Witcher gear!

I actually don't like that. Nearly every component is just 0.01 in weight. Yeah, it adds up, but the problems are more the heavy armors or crafting-non-crafting item (sometimes you need Bear Hides or something like that and THEY are heavy!). We already get the Stash, so put your Craftinggear in there if you don't want any realism left...

Could we also have a marking if I still need any of the papers I got? Also we need a paper-recycling Merchant!

The sorting of the inventory wasn't that big of a deal, but:

... while this is nice, when can I f**ing sort the formulars by level? Or compare the crafting diagrams with my current gear, before I buy them!?

Nice! had not that much trouble aside "Missing", but helps!

Ah, no more flying heads? :(

HELL YEAH!