Noby Noby Boy Hits Jupiter

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Noby Noby Boy Hits Jupiter

Players of Noby Noby Boy, the PSN game from the creator of Katamari Damacy, have managed to unlock Jupiter, with a little help from Namco.

There are a lot of things that are unusual about Noby Noby Boy, but possibly the most notable is the ability for players of the game to communally unlock new levels by submitting their combined scores and stretching the character of GIRL until she reaches new planets

This weekend, having been to the Moon and the red planet Mars, GIRL has stretched all the way to Jupiter, unlocking yet another new area for players to, well, to do whatever it is you do in Noby Noby Boy. The efforts of players were aided by Namco adding a random multiplier to everyone's score, as the company is seemingly keen for eveyone to enjoy the Jovian experience.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/21/noby-noby-girl-has-stretched-her-way-to-jupiter/]

messy

Dec 3, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
Hooray!

I wonder what they'll do when they reach Pluto...
Nah this is hardcore, they don't mess around with dwarf planets

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
SirBryghtside said:
Hooray!

I wonder what they'll do when they reach Pluto...
It isn't a planet anymore, duh!
... rrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Science be damned! Some labcoats were seeking recognition and/or publicity, and this was the first crap they could come up with. Pluto IS a damned planet, no matter what anyone says!! [/rant]

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
IdealistCommi said:
What the hell do you do in the game, anyways?
You stretch yourself... No really that's what you do.
The games only replay, or even buying value is for the unusualness of it all.

OT: Took them long enough, no thanks to me. :D

knight of zendikar

Sep 21, 2009
pretty cool but its not a new idea look at battlefield 1943 they did a community challenge like this for coral sea.

dang i may have to go play some battlefield now.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
IdealistCommi said:
What the hell do you do in the game, anyways?
You stretch yourself... No really that's what you do.
The games only replay, or even buying value is for the unusualness of it all.

OT: Took them long enough, no thanks to me. :D
That and it costs about as much as a pint of beer, with hours more value and no hangover afterwards!

Though you may foam at the mouth slightly from the colors...

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I am unfamiliar with the thing that I am seeing

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
TheNamlessGuy said:
Sonicron said:
It's a meteor that got stuck in our Sun's orbit.
It's too small to be classified as a planet
It's not that either. A meteor is a meteoroid that has entered the earths atmosphere. Aside from that reason it is a part of the Kuiper belt, and is a little smaller then the moon. There was always a lot of debate about it being a planet. When they started to discover a large number of objects out here, and discovered at least two that are bigger then Pluto it became time to decide if they where going to at a bunch of new planets or reclassify Pluto.

The Kuiper belt is a lot like the asteroid belt that lies between mars and Jupiter. Except much larger, and holds many times more matter. The kuiper belt objects are also mainly ice, where the asteroid belt objects are mainly rock and metal. There is a dwarf planet in the asteroid belt as well.