Nolan Casting Another Inception Star in Dark Knight Rises

Ultima Shadow

Apr 8, 2009
jkarkov said:
By the way they never said Catwoman would be in the movie, Nolan specifically said Selina Kyle which I think is important to note. She might not even be a villain, just a possible love interest perhaps? I know that Selina Kyle is Catwoman, but this could be pre-catwoman or just a non Catwoman Selina Kyle?
Very, very good point.

It's also worth noting that Catwoman is less a Batman villain than she is more of an anti-hero. Sort of like Mario and Wario. They fight sometimes, but sometimes they team up.

Hopefully this leads to JGL securing a sweet part as a villain in this movie, like a Black Mask or a Riddler, but I'm not hopeful. I think he'll appear as the replacement of Harvey Dent, or a subordinate of Jim Gordon.

The Critic

Apr 3, 2010
octafish said:
The Critic said:
snippage
Of course, wouldn't it be awesome if it was The Question? I know he's not strictly speaking a Batman character (he's still in DC, though), but it could fit.
Well that is what I was thinking, Renee Montoya as The Question is a Gotham Police Detective, so that makes him/her a possibility. I'm thinking Hitman would be cool, just strip the character of X-ray vision and telepathy and he could be a perfect fit.

Well that or Dogwelder.
Of course, given that it's Joseph Gordon-Levitt that we're talking about, the Vic Sage version of the charatecr would be what happens (Renee Montoya could still appear, but Officer Ramirez seems to have her character niche covered) . The only thing is that Vic Sage isn't originally from Gotham, so that would have to be changed around (no problem for Nolan, he could come up with some reason for a backstory change that works). Aside from that, The Question as a Gotham PD detective could totally work. And given that Question's outfit is just a faceless mask combined with a trenchcoat and fedora, it would probably be pretty believable, too.

Wow, this is actually starting to make sense.....

Of course, they would still have to figure out how to characterize The Question. I personally would love to see the Justice League Unlimited characterization, but that's just me.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
With the reveal of Bane, Catwoman not being named as Catwoman, and now JGL coming on (and I doubt they'd put him in just a bit part) I'm almost thinking that we're not just seeing a 3rd Nolan Batman here.

The more I hear, the more I'm getting the feeling that Nolan might have expanded his concluding 3rd Batman into what will be edited into two films. The Matrix did it, Potter did it, The Hobbit did it, etc. It might be a first time for Nolan, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time it's ever happened.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Is Cillian Murphy going to be in this (I haven't really been keeping track lately)? Because he's the only Inception cast member I give two shits about.

Tahmoh

Sep 1, 2008
Cant see him playing John Paul valley as nolan strikes me as the sort of director who would use the origin of azrael as an entire film script instead of introducing a whole new character without building him up first to replace bruce, especially one as deeply scarred as john paul valley(the whole cult like mental programming that surfaces when he dons the azrael guise).

Maybe he'll play harvey dents replacement in the DA's office?

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I am putting my money on:

random employee #8 at Wayne Enterprise headquarters. Either at a cubicle or getting coffee.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
CATS FTW said:
Sovereignty said:
maddog015 said:
Well, there was that rumor that Gordon-Levitt was going to play the Joker, if only in the shadows. He does share a similar look as Heath Ledger...

Wow yeah his facial structure is pretty similar I suppose.

I never noticed it til I read this post and scrolled up to see it. Pretty creepy honestly that I never noticed it before.

And he's such a great actor I'm sure JGL could pull it off. (I heard he was the Cobra Commander in the GI-JOE movie but I'm not sure if thats true lol)

So yeah... If it happens that'd be cool hell the make up and wigs and such he'd probably look close enough to be a fit.
And they both worked together in the movie 10 things I hate about you! The more you know.

Yeah I actually liked that movie and recalled it... But I never seriously noticed the similarities (Especially around the lips with the face creases.)

So it was a shocker.

pixiejedi

Jan 8, 2009
I thought I would hate having a Robin in DKR, but JGL is pretty bad-ass so now I hope he's more than just some dude on the street. They would have to really gritty Robin up, but thats not a major issue. Hopefully it will get the vile stench of 500 Days of Summer out of my head. Not likely though...

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Well I'm still sticking with the whole thoery that Nolan is doing the Knightfall arc and I'm saying that we're looking at our Jean Paul Valley or Azrael. Which sort of makes sense if you ask me, I mean, Nolan is sort of known for using the more lesser known villains in his films that the mainstream wouldn't really know about. Such as using Falcone, Marone, Henry Ducard, Raz Al Gul, Victor Zsazz (I think I've spelt that wrong) and such... So I wouldn't put it out of Nolans head that he would try and use Azrael, who is relatively unknown to most casual Batman fans... Specially with Bane and such. I'm excited anyway.

Also, if this is the case... Ladies and gentlemen... Please remember that I called it. I want to have a smug snake look on my face.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
broken-serenity said:
Cant see him playing John Paul valley as nolan strikes me as the sort of director who would use the origin of azrael as an entire film script instead of introducing a whole new character without building him up first to replace bruce, especially one as deeply scarred as john paul valley(the whole cult like mental programming that surfaces when he dons the azrael guise).

Maybe he'll play harvey dents replacement in the DA's office?
I think you and I are think on sort of the same level (glad that you actually had JPV in your head) however I do disagree with your reasoning. I have a lot of faith in Nolan at the moment. I think he could pull it off and make him a deep character in one film. He managed that with both Harvey Dent and The Joker in TDK, which was about two and a half hours long I think.

I do hope he does it anyway... I mean, its these kind of characters that don't get the acknowledgement they deserve. Bane is seen by most as a dumb bruiser rather than the genius bruiser that he was in the comics and JPV isn't even known at all. While now people have a vague idea of who Raz Al Gul and Henry Ducard
Even if he did combine them into one character
are among other largely unknown characters... Hell even flass and Loeb are known (despite being largely different).

So yeah, I hope he goes for it.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
connall said:
I thought that Hugo Strange was speculated to be played by Robin Williams?
please tell me you're joking. Robin Williams doesn't deserve to work anymore, so i can't imagine how he could fit in the Nolanverse.