Nolan Puts Official Title on Third Batman Flick

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Honestly, please not Catwoman. No one give a flying fuck about Catwoman. Even though the link says no Penguin, I think Anthony Hopkins would be great in the role. I'd love to see Killer Croc but he's to unrealistic for Nolan's Batman. Hm... Zasz, the Calender Man, or Poison Ivy might be possible.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
I dig the title, still betting on Zsasz, Hush, or Hugo Strange to be the villain. Maybe a little Catwoman thrown in for good measure

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I want Mr Freeze as a villain.

And I want him to be played by Schwarzenegger!

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Sampler said:
Harley Quinn looking for vengeance?
That would actually be pretty cool. Say Harley was a mental patient who was working for the Joker and wants to continue his legacy. Or like they said in Arkham Asylum, that she was The Joker's therapist who fell in love with him. There's a myriad of ways Nolan could work Harley Quinn into the story.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Catwoman would be cool. No Joker probably means no Harleen Quinzel, though ten to one says Crane shows up again. Zasz is a possible minor villain, and Clayface seems a bit too soft-science for the series, but I'm kind of hoping for Killer Croc or Bane. And it's not like The Riddler can't show up, seeing as we are talking about Hollywood, here, the place that will flat out tell us they aren't doing something only to announce just that a few ticks later, as if we are children asking about our Xmas presents.

The Rockerfly said:
Maybe Batman becomes an alcoholic and he has to battle himself and his inner demons
Iron Man syndrome?

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Not a bad name. Of course, not great either. I understand what the effect is; it just feels a little lazy that he added one word to The Dark Knight.
We've had so far:
Batman Begins
Batman; The Dark Knight
Why not have something like:
Batman: Ascension

Actually, that sounds pretty good. (I'm coining it! Ha, now no one in the world can say ascension without being fined by me! I truly have the edge over everyone! ;)

Joel Pennie

Oct 21, 2010
The penguin never seemed to be terribly menacing in the comics I read. More of an eccentric arms dealer than super villain. Sort of like Quark on Deep Space Nine, but without the bar.

What about Poison Ivy? or Bane? While the Clooney movie ruined all of those characters, in the comics they were pretty cool. Bane, for example, wasn't the mindless hulk he was in the Clooney movie.

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
I was hoping for a better title. Something like the "the caped crusade". Basically, a variation of one of Batman's nicknames, as opposed to reusing an existing title. Dark Knight Rises is barely better than Batman Returns.

SmokingMirrors

Oct 3, 2010
Eh, my problem with the Nolan series of Batman films is that they'd seem a bit too grounded in the "real" which somewhat shrinks the list of villains from the dozens available to those that could fit (if somewhat loosely) in the real world.

Which also means my favorite; Killer Croc, will not be showing up, ever.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Halceon said:
Twoface, clearly. The setup for his appearance was so blatantly obvious in Dark Knight, that i'm surprised there is such speculation at all. It also fits with the claim, that some characters will return.
...Except that he's dead?

Knoxy

Aug 12, 2009
samsonguy920 said:
As for Catwoman it would be cool if we were to get introduced to Selina Kyle as a love interest, and at the end find out she has been running a double life to bring up in the next movie.
Except this is Nolan's last Batman movie for the foreseeable future so I can't imagine he'll leave plot threads just dangling there at the end of the film, or do you suppose he'll leave a legacy for whatever director Legendary/WB drafts in to milk the franchise?

lulu_560

Jul 13, 2010
Well Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are friends of a sort..some of the time, but it would be interesting to see the Penguin, Bane, Mad Hatter in action.
Bat Woman could be on the scene but probably not

psychowatcher

May 5, 2009
I'm hoping for the Mad Hatter. Haven't seen him in a while and he's a man with an obsession for Alice in Wonderland (a book that can and has been twisted and turned into something very dark that would fit in the world of Batman) and access to mind control devices.

Part of me is kinda hoping for a halfway decent female character. Harley and/or Ivy would be nice.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
The Dark Night not being an hour or so of boring ass backstory with almost no Batman action is what put it above Batman Begins for me. Batman Begins was just boring rubbish and I want the time of my life I wasted watching it back.

Hopefully this new one will continue being awesome like The Dark Night was, and not boring like Batman Begins was.