Non-Americans: How do you view us?

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
So after reading the "what if 9/11 happened to another country?" thread, it seems quite a few people think that us 'mericans suck. I think I read one saying that we would laugh at them. And I am saddened by that. So I wonder: How do you view the U.S.A as a whole?

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I promise; if you got saddened by that thread you won't feel better by creating this one.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
DanielBrown said:
I promise; if you got saddened by that thread you won't feel better by creating this one.
Masochism is fun. Let's leave it at that.

That was a joke. I refuse to type /sarcasm. EVER.

Ashannon Blackthorn

Sep 5, 2011
George Carlin summed it up amazingly (he used it for Southerners but I feel it applies to the whole country)... Americans one on one are quite charming. However when you get more of them some dangerous genetics start floating to the surface.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Ashannon Blackthorn said:
George Carlin summed it up amazingly (he used it for Southerners but I feel it applies to the whole country)... Americans one on one are quite charming. However when you get more of them some dangerous genetics start floating to the surface.
Really? Because I would have thought it was the other way around. Or something.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
retyopy said:
DanielBrown said:

But you just did type it. I can see it up there. I AM NOT BLIND I SWEAR!

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Contrary to my views on the whole 9/11 thing I don't dislike America or the people dwelling there.

Quite the opposite, i've had 3 fantastic holidays there and never before have I come across a friendlier bunch of people than those I met while on my holidays.

Also during my time in the army I served with American soldiers and got on quite well with them.

I think America is the same as any other country. It has it's decent folk and it has it's dicks. You just find that the dicks in America tend to be twice as loud as the dicks anywhere else. It's a shame but thats how it goes.

British media doesn't paint a great picture of the states though. We do get a lot of your batshit nuts folks on our news. Mainly your incredibly insane politicians and some of your weird as fuck religious nuts.

While most of us know thats not the entirety of America there are people that view America as full of thick as shit crazy people.

But on the whole I do like America. You have your bad points and you have your good points but the people i've met and talk to have been friendly enough and thats all that matters to me.

Wrath 228

Aug 26, 2010
(American here) I can understand completely why the rest of the world would have a general dislike or distaste, hell even downright hatred of Americans, but then I just take solace in the fact that they're just as ignorant and spiteful as Americans who are ignorant and spiteful of other cultures and countries just because they can be.

When it comes down to it, for me, every country has (to bring up another George Carlin quote), "a few winners and a whole lot of losers." You want to hate all Americans because of our media or because of the few assholes that we (sadly) let speak for us, fine, go for it. I for one don't hate anyone until I know something substantial about them.

Rayken15

Jan 10, 2011
I don't really like you. Mostly because most of you americans think you are superior to everyone else, which irritates me. I also hate you for the word "soccer". It usually sends me into a homicidal rage which I can't explain to the police.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Ashannon Blackthorn said:
Id say that would apply to every country

Valkyr71

Jul 2, 2011
WOW......Im amazed at the short memory of peoples in other countries. How much american blood has been spilled since the 1940's for the liberation of nations in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the middle east. We were asked because we were the only ones who could help or had the power to. When the world asks you to be the cops, or cries upon you to say you have the power therefore you have the responsibility to help dont ***** when we do take action because were not helping your favorite cause. Step up and take charge yourself or sit down and shut up.

theshadowcult

Dec 1, 2009
America doesn't suck, just the religious fanatics, the people in the large cities (ie new york etc), the people running the big businesses and the people in the government with the power.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
manaman said:
retyopy said:
DanielBrown said:

But you just did type it. I can see it up there. I AM NOT BLIND I SWEAR!
You know what I mean. Or at least I hope you do.

jeremysaint

Jul 7, 2011
i am canadian and currently i am sad for the usa. you guys are doomed.

you have a fairly ignorant, sheep like population that will always hold you back. about half of americans dont accept evolution. the greatest threat to your national security is the republican party and your broken congressional and especially senatorial system. you imprison more people (in terms of percent of population and absolute figures) that anyone else in the world and do so for borderline insane reasons (there are people in us prisons serving life sentences because they shoplifted some dvds and were convicted under your three strikes law). i heard that more than half of your population believes that jesus christ will actually return to earth in thier lifetime and raise them all to heaven in a rapture.

seriously, on my better days i feel sorry for you. on the rest of them i debate whether it would be more humane for the rest of the world to quietly press a pillow over your face while you are sleeping one night.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Rayken15 said:
I don't really like you. Mostly because most of you americans think you are superior to everyone else, which irritates me. I also hate you for the word "soccer". It usually sends me into a homicidal rage which I can't explain to the police.
Id say its human nature to feel superior to others regardless of what nationality they come from.

And didnt the word "soccer" originated in the UK or something?

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Wrath 228 said:
(American here) I can understand completely why the rest of the world would have a general dislike or distaste, hell even downright hatred of Americans, but then I just take solace in the fact that they're just as ignorant and spiteful as Americans who are ignorant and spiteful of other cultures and countries just because they can be.

When it comes down to it, for me, every country has (to bring up another George Carlin quote), "a few winners and a whole lot of losers." You want to hate all Americans because of our media or because of the few assholes that we (sadly) let speak for us, fine, go for it. I for one don't hate anyone until I know something substantial about them.
QFT

Im tired of people not seeing the irony when they too do the same shit.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
jeremysaint said:
i am canadian and currently i am sad for the usa. you guys are doomed.

you have a fairly ignorant, sheep like population that will always hold you back. about half of americans dont accept evolution. the greatest threat to your national security is the republican party and your broken congressional and especially senatorial system. you imprison more people (in terms of percent of population and absolute figures) that anyone else in the world and do so for borderline insane reasons (there are people in us prisons serving life sentences because they shoplifted some dvds and were convicted under your three strikes law). i heard that more than half of your population believes that jesus christ will actually return to earth in thier lifetime and raise them all to heaven in a rapture.

seriously, on my better days i feel sorry for you. on the rest of them i debate whether it would be more humane for the rest of the world to quietly press a pillow over your face while you are sleeping one night.
Huh. I guess that's fair, since I can't argue with facts. But... I would like you to know that we don't all suck.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Don't you know to stay the fuck out of 9/11 threads on this forum?

It'll only serve to annoy the piss out of you.

OT: I don't mind Americans as individuals, but I do mind the general American thinking in most cases. Though the same can be said about almost every nationality.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Rayken15 said:
I don't really like you. Mostly because most of you americans think you are superior to everyone else, which irritates me.
We do? That's news to me. And I have another question: Do you consider yourself superior to Americans?