nope

A Pious Cultist

Jul 4, 2009
By the looks of it the FX (I had a quick look at a chart and the FX 2000-5000ish range faired way better than your current card.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
They never name hardware so the avaerage Joe knows which is better or worse :\
Im goign to have a situation on my hands when i try to upgrade or make a PC.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
That's true. Hate that really. Thankfully the GPU and CPU are really the only things like this in computer building and there are plenty of websites which benchmark the pieces on intensive games to give you an idea of how it will work.

Rule of thumb, if it runs Crysis, it runs anything.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
Distorted Stu said:
That's true. Hate that really. Thankfully the GPU and CPU are really the only things like this in computer building and there are plenty of websites which benchmark the pieces on intensive games to give you an idea of how it will work.

That's not really accurate. Crysis is not that powerhouse of a game that you have to play with the best stuff around. You can run Crysis with average hardware. It just won't look pretty and when it gets busy it will be crap.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
oliveira8 said:
Hiphophippo said:
Distorted Stu said:

That's not really accurate. Crysis is not that powerhouse of a game that you have to play with the best stuff around. You can run Crysis with average hardware. It just won't look pretty and when it gets busy it will be crap.
I probably should have clarified. Benchmark sites will be nice enough to tell you that the piece of hardware will have no problem running it on high, or very high at a smooth framerate. You're right, though, it's pretty scaleable, but on high settings I stand by my point. If you can run it smooth on high or very high, you shouldn't have a problem with anything out right now.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
The 5200 is a fairly old card, (it ran Half-Life 2 on medium settings for me back in 2004) but I've never heard of the G100. If your current card can run any source engine game on DirectX 9, then you should stick with your current one (if you're unsure, I think it lists the DirectX version in video options in the menu).

Icedshot

Jul 13, 2009
The g100 is definitely better than the fx
http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=88
that site is really useful for this sort of thing

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
The G100, if I'm not mistaken, is a very good card. I'm pretty sure that it's up there with the series 9 cards. 5200 is pretty bad and I know that for a fact. I'm running my computer on an 8500 and it will hardly run anything.