Nordic Games Snags Lion's Share of THQ Properties

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Yay for darksiders... odd with Red Faction? (always thought the joke link to the saints was cannon now i guess it'll be forgotten) Altogether a posititve release of information good news for everyone.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
LordMonty said:
(always thought the joke link to the saints was cannon now i guess it'll be forgotten)
Not a joke, a fact. There are tons of hints in both series that it's true.
Hence I am wondering as well what's up with the same series (basically) being sold to two different publishers - one with the developers-team, one without.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
I'd be more excited about someone having the rights to Titan Quest if the people who made it weren't already making Grim Dawn [http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn]. TQ wasn't good because of the setting, which was just a generic Ancient Greek based fantasy setting. In fact, given how generic it was I'm amazed anyone would even bother paying for the rights to it since no matter how silly copyright laws get, I'm pretty sure Greek mythology is in the public domain. What made the game fun was the gameplay, character system, and so on. The specific setting is irrelevant for that.

Halyah said:
Amaror said:
Nordic games seems into that kind of stuff, they also made the second addon to spellforce 2. That one wasn't really good, but i think it's kinda because they couldn't get phenomic, since they are owned by EA now. (And have not made anything noteworthy since they got bought, good one EA!)
They were responsible for Faith in Destiny? Then yeah I ain't giving these people a snowballs chance in muspelheim of using their newly gained IP's in any decent manner. Shame for the fans though.
No, they didn't. They published Faith in Destiny. They also published every other Spellforce game and expansion pack, although mostly under the name JoWood Entertainment. Faith in Destiny was a mess for all too common reasons - funding issues, delays, and being passed between different developers.