Norwegian Man Takes Incredibly Long, Incredibly Geeky Name

somekindarobot

Jul 29, 2009
Sorry dude, but changing your name to reference several pop culture characters at once isn't going to get you more friends. That's what plastic surgery is for. Although in your case, the doctors might just have to resort to putting your brain in a recently deceased cadaver and jumpstarting it with a thunderstorm. Or, if your insurance won't cover that, an ape body. Hey, chicks dig animals, right?

Sigenrecht

Mar 17, 2008
Something Awful posted a mod challenge about this guy a week and a half or so ago I think. I can't find it anymore, but this man is truly unique. He's also dumb as hell for thinking MacGyver was a greater show than Stargate SG-1, but maybe they just don't have quality television from the end of the last century and the this one in Norway. I mean, Highlander.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Nomad said:
Doesn't this namechange break a bunch of copyright/trademark-laws?
As long as he doesn't try a make a profit off of it, it's totally legal. Copyrights laws can't stop you from naming yourself something they currently own the rights too. I personally know a gril named Arwen.

And as neat as this sounds, I would probably slap this guy in the face and tell him to get a grip.

Antzon

Sep 9, 2009
If he gets a traffic ticket, i am sure the officer will smack the hell out of him for writing his name.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
I'd name myself Cheeseburger...

It doesn't sound all that weird until you realize that I'm a rather skinny guy.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
MacGyver as the best Richard Dean Anderson series ever?

I don't think so!

SG-1, hands down. Possibly the best science fiction series ever, and definately the longest lasting good science fiction show.

As far as copyright law, they can pretty much suck it. Copyright law isn't made to prevent you from naming your children or yourself after popular characters.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
My last name is Simpson. I find that pretty nerdy considering that it is my official birth last name.