Nostalgia + memory loss = FFFFUUUU

Usurpurus

Oct 12, 2009
Hello Escapist. So I got the Heroes pack off Steam yesterday as I was sure I had played one of the series on the xbox 360 yeeeeears ago. After playing some of the pack I find that it is very similar to the old game, so I look it up. However, no matter where I look, I haven't been able to find the game I played. I guess the game must have been out in 2006/7 because it was around the time of Just Cause, Crackdown and Halo 3. It was turn-based, fantasy, rpg elements, you recruited people into your army and fought on a grid. That's about as much as I remember.

Could anyone help me find this game? For old times sake xD

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Maybe Fire Emblem?

EDIT: Radiant Dawn for the Wii came out around when you said it was. I think there was a GBA one around then too.

Usurpurus

Oct 12, 2009
No no, it was definitely 3D, had decent graphics if I remember rightly. Also it seemed much more western than Japanese

EDIT: sorry didn't watch the videos first time around, they're 3D too xD, but my point remains, it looked very western and I know for sure it wasn't Fire Emblem :p

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Usurpurus said:
No no, it was definitely 3D, had decent graphics if I remember rightly. Also it seemed much more western than Japanese

EDIT: sorry didn't watch the videos first time around, they're 3D too xD, but my point remains, it looked very western and I know for sure it wasn't Fire Emblem :p
Ah, alright. Sorry, then, no way I could help you out.

... But if you ever get the chance, play the Gamecube and Wii Fire Emblems. They're severely underrated. Amazing games, and a damn good story with good characters too.

Usurpurus

Oct 12, 2009
Hehe, unfortunately I can't stand Japanese games. The art style looks ridiculous and silly imo, no matter how good the story or gameplay is

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Was it... Operation Darkness?

'Cause that is the only game that comes to mind that kind of fits your description.