Nostalgia Thread

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
So recently, me and my sister got into a conversation about classic literature. As the talk continued, we started talking about Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, when I remembered a movie that contained those characters from my childhood. It was called the Page Master. Does anyone else remember it?

It was one of those "encourage kids to do something good" works, just like Captain Planet.

This made me think, "what else did I forget", so I ask you now: are there any obscure things you want to remind others of, or possibly things you can't find the name of?

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
I'm not really sure if this show was ever seen outside Asia or something, but when I spent the first 5 years of my life there this was one of the few shows I never got tired of.

Watched it in Tagalog, by the way.

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
I recently randomly remembered the Playhouse Disney series "PBnJ Otter". To say I hadn't thought about it in years is an understatement. All those old tv shows I just basically erased from my mind somehow.

All I remember about it is that stupid "Use Your Noodle" song.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
This game was a big part of my Genesis-playing days:

Such a weird, weird game. There has never been a more perfect version of Ren and Stimpy in game form.

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
For the longest time I wanted to track down a movie I'd seen once as a kid about a mouse with a red cloak. That is literally all I remembered about it. Then one day this somehow was brought to my attention:

The movie, that is, not the image. Lo and behold, it was indeed the film that had been sitting in the back of my mind for so long. It's now one of my favourite movies, and definitely my favourite animated feature.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I still have Heroquest. And Omega Virus.

Then, there was the day I saved the world...

Not to mention the best Bomberman game I ever played.

(Super Bomberman games are great, but you couldn't go back to previous levels and pick up the best power-ups if lost.)

Too many good times to count, really.

torzath

Jun 29, 2010
Help me out here. I can remember a movie with a mouse and hedgehog and some other woodland creatures who are going on some sort of quest to save a badger girl, I think?

I know that's vague, but that's all I got. I'd really like to find out what this is.

Bassik

Jun 15, 2011
FuhrerVonZephyr said:

OH MAH GAWD I LOVE THIS GAME.

Seriously, you have no idea how awesome this is.
Zephyr, plz:

The original, when Cavedog was still a thing, and Boneyards made Battle.net look like an amateur made it.
The game itself was great enough, but now you can download a free version that has three times as many units, and a 10K unit cap. That is 10000 robots, tanks, factories, artillery towers, laser bunkers, nuclear missiles, battle ships, submarines, all sorts of aircraft and one bad ass commander.

Supreme Commander was like the theme park version of TA.

My friend still brings his lap top over every now and then to play it with me.
Games usually last 3-6 hours... and this is a normal RTS, like Starcraft. It's just that you can build so very much...
You got five categories of units: Robots, tanks, ships, aircraft and experimental units akin to those powerhouses in Supcom. This staggering variety, combined with a lot of options to construct your base (including over 30 different stationary defensive weapons) means that it quikly devolves into a war of atrition with many thousands dead on both sides (The game keeps count), with mad dashes for resources and powerful weapons like nuclear missiles or artillery cannons that can fire across the entire map. It's brutal, and I love it.

Tropicaz

Aug 7, 2012
I'm not sure how many people watched it as a kid, but Street Sharks. They were ace.

Also, on PS1 there was a brilliant game called Micro Maniacs. About tiny little genetic experimented people with unique powers racing around everyday rooms that actually became giant racecourses.... I'm not explaining this well, I feel. Go youtube it.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
torzath said:
Help me out here. I can remember a movie with a mouse and hedgehog and some other woodland creatures who are going on some sort of quest to save a badger girl, I think?

I know that's vague, but that's all I got. I'd really like to find out what this is.
That movie, my friend, is Once Upon a Forest:

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Maybe when coming to nostalgia Pokemon plays a big part for me.
Recently I made a thread about a game that I couldn't remember and as always the escapist members came with the answer. Vigilante8. I bought it from ebay and started immediatelly playing with my childhood friend when it arrived.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I swear I'm the only one on here who even remotely remember this show at all. In saying so, there were only 6 episodes and most people only know the first pliot episode!

Also this is an underrated show since most people forget to mention this show at all when it come to retro cartoon threads!

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
I remember that movie.

Also I was going to post the DBZ opening song, but screw it, I'm sure someone else will.