Not Another YouTube Bug!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
So, it seems that YouTube's got another technical bug going around. It's the view history again, and this time, it's not exactly updating. Every time I go to check it, the videos that I've watched in the past two days are almost never seen, with maybe one or two showing up somewhere, and the rest of the view history being mixed up or otherwise missing. Usually it's stuff I've watched a few weeks ago jumbled in with stuff that I watched months ago.

Boyfriend has the same problem with his account, so that makes me fairly reasonable that it's not just my account being dumb. Anyone else here have the same problem?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I don't use view history, but I feel like youtube has just gotten so bad I'm almost shocked when it works right.

Today I was watching a tutorial video in fullscreen and paused it to copy some small numeric values off the screen. When I switched to another application (the one I was copying the values into) the video would not stay fullscreen, it instead shrunk back to it's original size making the numbers really hard to see.

I couldn't fucking get it to work. I could alt tab fine if the video was playing, but if it was paused it just wouldn't take. It was infuriating.

Anyways, not really about your view history problem but I just wanted to vent lol.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Yeah, I have that problem as well. The weird thing is that it only seems to affect me for videos that I'm actually watching on youtube. If it's an embedded youtube video on another site it shows up in my history every time, but anything I actually watch on youtube only shows up like 1/4 of the time.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Yeah, Hipsters definitely nailed the oddity of it. Embedded videos almost always seem to be added to my history, but on the site itself? Coin flip as to whether it works or not. At best. It's annoying, but that's about it.

AustinN

Dec 31, 2013
Instead of using bookmarks, I use my browser history to go to sites I want to visit. For the past couple of weeks, youtube hasn't been showing up. But I don't know if that's something wrong with Youtube, or because I'm using a slightly outdated browser and a well used computer. It hasn't happened to any other site I've visited recently.

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
YouTube is one massive bug.

The site is riddled with a myriad of issues that Google are never going to fix, so we might aswell suck it up cause it ain't gonna change...shame :(

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I miss you 'watch later' button on recommended video's (not those you are currently watching but the small stills you can see).