Notch reveals new mob for Minecraft 1.8

Badassassin

Jan 16, 2010
from notch's twitter-
Post 1) The Endermen are peaceful. If you look straight at them, they freeze and look at you. When you look away again, they run fast. And teleport.
Post 2) They run TOWARDS you, not away. So if you happen to look at one, do not look away
Post 3) (they stop being peaceful if you look straight at them)

Oh god, it's even creepier than i thought

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Actually, it's pretty much this [http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-173]. Don't turn your back.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
Badassassin said:
from notch's twitter-
Post 1) The Endermen are peaceful. If you look straight at them, they freeze and look at you. When you look away again, they run fast. And teleport.
Post 2) They run TOWARDS you, not away. So if you happen to look at one, do not look away

Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you could believe, don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink.

machblast

Apr 2, 2010
Badassassin said:
from notch's twitter-

Yeah, I saw this.

Essentially, they're the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who.

Or this. The very first SCP.

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-173

Enjoy reading this and imagining this ingame.

Death on Trapezoids

Nov 19, 2009
JCBFGD said:
So it's apparently called the Enderman [http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enderman]. Keep an eye on this Minepedia page...

In other news, I hate you, Notch.

Captcha: watch out
Damn right.
Oh god, it's like a cross between slenderman and the weeping angels from Doctor Who.

Don't blink.

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
Just what I needed a weeping angel that acts like a collage roommate like I needed more reasons to build my house on stilts.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
9thRequiem said:
Badassassin said:
from notch's twitter-

Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you could believe, don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink.
My first thought as well.

Anyway, I think Notch missed a brilliant opportunity. Ok, 1.8, patch in a "bug" that, when players are gone from an area or asleep, reorganises or moves whatever blocks the Endermen will be able to. Just for a little while, small changes, some people may not notice. Maybe have little pyramids appear sometimes. Then, with the next patch, officially add the Endermen. Then people see the Endermen go to work, revelation, followed by crippling fear.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Dr_Horrible said:
... and it's the Slender Man

He revealed the picture on his google+ recently.

So, any thoughts on this? One thing I noticed is that they seem to be able to build, judging by the block in his hands.

(Here's the link if the image doesn't work) https://plus.google.com/photos/116872576248355504859/albums/5633695778953772113

EDIT: got photo to work, woo.
Not sure if you know but apparently they work similar to the weeping angels in Dr.Who, that is they only move when you arent looking and they move fast and teleport.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Anyone read the page? [http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enderman]

The Enderman is a mob introduced in version 1.8.. The Endermen are depicted as 3 meter tall, black creatures with long arms and legs. They also seem to have the ability to pick up and move blocks around. They are generally peaceful. If you look at them, by placing your crosshair directly over them, they freeze, stare back at you, and become hostile. They stay frozen as long as you keep looking at them[3]. When you look away, they will run fast towards you teleporting up to once every second to get to you faster.
OH SHIT! These guys sound FUCKING AWESOMELY SCARY :D :D I can't wait ^_^

Srs bzns

Feb 4, 2011
Dear Notch,

Please add guns, so I can have something to clasp in my blocky quivering hands while these freak fucks casually pick my house apart.

Sincerely,

Concerned Individual

P.S. Fully automatic. Please.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
i still rekon as a mob should be a Hydra that crawls from the Ocean onto the land at night and attacks you

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
So Notch will have technically introduced a griefing mob to the single player.. Why Notch do you think I play single player huh?

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Lord Kloo said:
So Notch will have technically introduced a griefing mob to the single player.. Why Notch do you think I play single player huh?
If this is the first griefer mob, what are Creepers then?
Misunderstood.. all those nice Creepers want is a hug yet these evil Endermen, they just want to annoy and destroy everything you've worked on..

Ghostydash

Sep 11, 2009
I extreemely hope that
A. Notch reconsiders puting these scary as hell mobs in
B. They put an option to turn them off for the easily frightened
C. Don't spawn on peacfull
or D. replaces them with another NPC group such as the living Pigmen
because when I saw a vid on these guys, then read about what they were based off of, I was screaming on the inside for mercy. And on an unrelated note, does anyone know where Notches suggestion box is?
thanks for ruining the game for me notch, at least wearing a pumpkin will finally have a use.

standokan

May 28, 2009
On twitter he said, if I recall correctly, that when an Enderman touches you, you get teleported.

"Wearing a pumpkin will prevent Endermen from attacking you."

Interesting..