Now You Can Preorder a SNES Game

Mr Smith

Apr 22, 2010
Alexander Cunningham said:
And $85 for a game for a 22 year old system? What the fuck?
If you think that it's overpriced then maybe you shouldn't buy it.

I assume the price reflects that the technology required to make these games isn't easy to get one's hands on, though I could be wrong about that. Likely they it wouldn't be worth their while making the game if they sold it for less, having a business to run and all. Anyway, I suppose anyone dedicated enough to still want games for their old 16-bit machine would have the money for this.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
And $85 for a game for a 22 year old system? What the fuck?
It's probably not very cheap to whip up a fresh new SNES cartridge when nobody is mass producing them anymore. While obsolete tech may be cheap if you're buying it used, buying a brand new fresh off the factory piece of obsolete tech is damned expensive since the parts for it are usually scarce and no longer made.

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
I dunno, the music was horrid, didn't look there there was any other game modes. I know there's a market for this, but it's a niche, if they added more to it there would be more bang for the buck. Printing limited copies and setting the price that high will make it a collectors item, so the value may increase over time, but not much to make it any sort of investment.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
that game looked really lame, and i've played some crappy SNES games, not to mention the dood demoing it seems to suck at it

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Christ. That video gave me motion sickness.
I bet if you played it yourself you wouldn't get motion sickness. The same idea as it's rare to find someone who gets carsick while driving.

I'm not going to say that all faster-paced shooters like Quake are better than all slower-paced shooters like Modern Warfare, but it would certainly be nice to have more variety in the modern market, instead of having to resort to playing 10+ year old games to get a shooter where you can walk more than 2 mph.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
A SNES game... 2013... SNES... 2013...
Somehow these two words really don't fit into the same sentence. Ow.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Lol, i think im gonna pass. Out from laughing this hard.

These guys are asking how much nostalgia is worth. Silly SNES dev, tf2 is free!

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
Haha, what? Seems like quite an insane project to me. I have to wonder why someone would actually buy this apart from novelty reasons. The game seems to be pretty average and doesn't offer anything new in no possible aspect. If you still have a SNES you most probably have better games from this genre, not to mention that there're more than enough similar concurrent games on any platform which are vastly superior than this one. So yeah.. Why? Why would you make this?