Oblivion is 7 bucks on steam atm. Should I get it?

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
Alright Oblivion is only 7 bucks(8.40 for GOTY edition) on steam right now and I was wondering if I should get it or not.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Get the Game of the Year Deluxe Edition, it has both expansions and all of the DLC and it's only like £1 more expensive. I know your's is in $ but I can imagine it would only be like $1 - $2 more expensive for you.

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
Absolutely. Especially if you've never played it (or not played it for more than a few minutes), the initial exploration value alone justifies eight dollars.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
Or you could wait another month, and then buy the 5th year anniversary edition

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
I was contemplating the same thing since my PS3's HD is full and I need some data to delete. It's fun to play now and again, but vanilla just gets boring and underwhelming. Mods would really spruce it up. I was also thinking about getting Recettear,

Josh Horton said:
Get GOTY Ed. It will be worth the money, especially with the modding community.
Both are GOTY edition, one is just "deluxe" and includes some other packs.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Yes. You will probably spend at least 5 hours in it even if you don't like it.

EDIt: Note: I really, really don't like it. I think it's one of the worst games I own. I have spent over 10 hours on it.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
No. /thread

To elaborate, it's horribly buggy and the AI is terrible. The only things to do in the game are wandering the countryside (which is the same 100 square feet photocopied endlessly), combat (which is floaty at best) and talking to people (which falls right into the uncanny valley). It's certainly a deep RPG, but quality seems to have been sacrificed for quantity.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
It's funny, I got it on the PS3 and then thought it might be more fun with some mods so I also got it on PC. While I've played my PS3 copy well over hundreds of hours I probably clocked about two hours on the PC version as it was buggier.

I'd still recommend it for $6 -> $8.50, by all means. I'm sure I would have played it a lot more on PC if I had not owned it on PS3 for a few years.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Jimmy T. Malice said:
No. /thread

To elaborate, it's horribly buggy and the AI is terrible. The only things to do in the game are wandering the countryside (which is the same 100 square feet photocopied endlessly), combat (which is floaty at best) and talking to people (which falls right into the uncanny valley). It's certainly a deep RPG, but quality seems to have been sacrificed for quantity.
You can't /thread your own post.

Especially since:

>On epic sale on Steam
>Mods fix everything

OT: GO FOR IT NOW!

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
If you've never played it before, definitely. It's pretty damn good - the game of the year edition especially. If it's that cheap - there's no excuse. It's a really good game.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
Fuck yeah! I'd say get GOTY, but seven bucks is pretty damn good.

I mean, the GOTY costs £33 on amazon.co.uk, so £7 is worth it

edit: in my excitement, missed the second line (bad, I know). Get the GOTY version, it only costs slightly more.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
get the GOTY the Shivering isles is allot of fun also don,t forget to install the unofficial patches.