Obscure Resolutions Are Easier To Keep

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
SkarKrow said:
Please, real englishmen wear bowler hats and carry umbrellas.
Only outside. Are you telling me you don't carry all 4 items? What do you use your ever-present briefcase for?
SirBryghtside said:
I'm a little confused on the wording of that last one. Is it implying that you used to mess with your navel to the point where it became angry, and that this an activity you have resolved to cease, or that you have resolved to not mess with your navel up until the point where it becomes angry with you, when you will presumably mess with it again?
If it's already angry with you, you may as well mess with it. It can hardly make things worse.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
FoolKiller said:
I plan to buy less fewer than 10 games for myself in the next year.
Just an FYI, during December, I purchased approximately 40.
Thou art a braggart with thine 40 games, methinks!

I resolve to stop correcting grammar on gaming threads. Dammit!

Oh well, as long as I am at it...here's some good natured ribbin for everyone. A SPLIT INFINITIVE is the placing of a superfluous word (typically an adverb) in between the word "to" and the verb of an infinitive phrase. This is considered bad grammar and likens you to lichens on the cerebral evolution scale. So, change your Newe Year's resolutions from "to not XXXX" this year. Please try "not to suck" at grammar. (...speaking as an Englishman man of English.)

Well done again, Nick!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
kailus13 said:
SkarKrow said:
Please, real englishmen wear bowler hats and carry umbrellas.
Only outside. Are you telling me you don't carry all 4 items? What do you use your ever-present briefcase for?
SirBryghtside said:
I'm a little confused on the wording of that last one. Is it implying that you used to mess with your navel to the point where it became angry, and that this an activity you have resolved to cease, or that you have resolved to not mess with your navel up until the point where it becomes angry with you, when you will presumably mess with it again?
If it's already angry with you, you may as well mess with it. It can hardly make things worse.
Briefcase? The briefcase is for show good sir, if it were sstolen I'd be helpless. I use my enlighs powers to will the needed items into existence from the bodies of vanquished frenchmen.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Mocmocman said:
No one can resist the call of the navel...
I always dread that call.
It never knows when to get off the phone.
Eventually I run out of things to say and feelings get hurt.