Obsidian Adapting a "Leading Animation Franchise"

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I don't know about brokenness. Apart from the PC controls, the Console release of Dungeon Siege 3 handled very well with next to no bugs or glitches. Granted, its story wasn't the greatest, but it was functionally sound.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
A game based off of Justice League: The Animated Series would be awesome. You could play a new recruit. Bopping around saving the Earth and other planets with heroes like Batman, Flash, and Wonder Woman would be amazing.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
I don't know about brokenness. Apart from the PC controls, the Console release of Dungeon Siege 3 handled very well with next to no bugs or glitches. Granted, its story wasn't the greatest, but it was functionally sound.
That makes it a departure from a standard Obsidian release on two fronts; Obsidian is known for releasing terribly broken games with incredible stories. Sounds like that one was a technically solid game with a mediocre story.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Soviet Heavy said:
That makes it a departure from a standard Obsidian release on two fronts; Obsidian is known for releasing terribly broken games with incredible stories. Sounds like that one was a technically solid game with a mediocre story.
Its a step in the right direction at least. A game with strong mechanics and an average story is better than a game with a great story and terrible mechanics. A fantastic game will have both.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
I would love it to be based off of The Last Airbender, the show not the movie. I think it has a lot of potential to be a great game but so far they've all just been lazy cashins with very easy achievements.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Its a step in the right direction at least. A game with strong mechanics and an average story is better than a game with a great story and terrible mechanics. A fantastic game will have both.
True that. I keep buying indie games, and absolutely loving the ones that are pure gameplay, while wondering what the heck all the critics that praised games like Braid were smoking; it's a mediocre Super Mario Bros. clone with a half baked time travel mechanic and a cryptic "story." I'd rather play VVVVVV or Voxeltron any day of the week.

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
I gotta agree with the majority thus far Last Airbender game would be cool, now all i can think of is a Last Airbender game built like Kotor II

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Soviet Heavy said:
I don't know, when it comes to RPG's I'd rather have a broken game with a really good story as opposed to vice-versa, however I wish we could always have both.

Mauso88

A Simply Dignified Manly Man.
Feb 3, 2011
Inspector Gadget. Gadget is a bitter, jaded Chicago P.I. looking for his wife's murderer. It could be a Call Of Cthulhu : Dark Corners of the Earth/Condemned : Criminal Origins gritty, survival, horror/fps melee fighter. Instead of sledgehammers and bits of old pipe, you use Gadget's err. gadgets to fight off enemies.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
I read this as "Obsidian is desperately trying to commit suicide, why won't anyone listen?!".

ThePuzzldPirate

Oct 4, 2009
BreakfastMan said:
Obviously MLP. Obviously. Gritty, dark, moral choice driven RPG. It can't be anything but.
"It's a licensed product that when people hear about it, they're going to be 'well you had to do that."

Thanks for the laugh! as bad as the game would be, I would shit bricks all the way from announcement to release.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
The bigger news is the Wheel of Time adaptation. Or is that just me?
That's been buzzing around since before New Vegas came out.
Huh. I wonder where I've been then. I love WoT. Well, I hope it comes to fruition.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
As much as I like Obsidian, I wonder if they just cant come up with original IPs. Its like they cut out concepts along with QA testing to speed up development.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Mr Pantomime said:
As much as I like Obsidian, I wonder if they just cant come up with original IPs. Its like they cut out concepts along with QA testing to speed up development.
There last original IP was Alpha Protocol.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Now now people, let's be fair here. Everyone keeps saying Obsidian releases brilliant but broken games, but that's simply not true. They released Dungeon Siege 3, which was fairly polished and quite bug-free. Granted, it was boring, generic, short and uninspired, but saying that they can only make broken games isn't fair... ;)

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Is it Archer?

For the love of Christ...why is this even considered news? "We're a game developer. We're developing a game based on something animated. No, we're not going to tell you anything else."