Obsidian Hiring for a "Unique" Next-Gen Game

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
sid said:
Er, project eternity is a new IP, Obsidian made it pretty clear that they would be all hands on deck about it, ergo it's a job opening for Project Eternity, what else?
Project Eternity is hardly next-gen stuff - it's an older engine with mediocre graphics at best. Besides: "This designer will work closely with artists to produce interesting 3D levels... Therefore it's either first or third person game.

Very thrilled to see that Obsidian is working on another title. I would love to see something similar to Alpha Protocol. =D

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Since it's Obsidian I'm definitely hyped for this.

However, I'm also aware it has a high possibility of being bugged out the arse, especially with a move to next-gen.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Ooo, Obsidian does like to throw around the word 'unique!' They've always got pretty good ideas but their reach usually exceeds their grasp.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Obsidian releases their games half finished and sometimes close to unplayable, and those games are STILL fantastic. I look forward to anything they invest their time into.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Any RPG made from Obsidian has me giddy, especially since it's going to be next gen as well.

You have my attention Obsidian, ball is in your court.

Pink Apocalypse

Oct 9, 2012
*LOL*

No, seriously. *Literally*. L.O.L. I just did.

Burn me once, shame on you, Obsidian. But burn me twice? NV burned really, really deep.

When those among you rush out to buy it (whatever 'it' may be) on opening day, let me know when you've play-tested it enough for Obsidian to fix the inevitable, crushing, cascade of unplayable bugs.

I'll be happy to give it a spin after that.