Obsidian Shows Off Project Eternity Environments In Action

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Sartan0 said:
CharrHearted said:
Oh look the sims 1- oh wait, it's that game project eternity... so, I heard this thing has multiple races, I think... what were they again? Oh yes, Human, human, human, hu- you get the point -sighs-

call me an ass, i'm just not impressed.
Not for you? That's just fine. As for me I am happy I kickstarted it. I am glad for the different style given that I backed Wasteland 2 and Torment as well.
Well, i suppose I can't exactly criticise until i see the entire thing in action...

I just can't stop thinking about why they made so many races look more or less the same.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
After the huge build up both in the article, and by the designer in the video I guess I was expecting something awesome. I must have been watching a different video than the rest of you.

It looked like Sacred 2, which isn't a complement. I get that its all 2D, and hand drawn. So what?

If the end result is a slightly better looking Champions of Norrath/Dungeon Siege 3/any generic looking RPG then I may as well be playing Dink Smallwood while we are emulating old PC rpgs.

You know what else has 2D hand drawn art? Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown, and Muramasa.

They are a hell of a lot more impressive and dynamic than what was shown off here.