OC Remix Turns 10

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
OC Remix Turns 10

OC Remix, the leading site for videogame music remixes, celebrated its tenth birthday this week.

OverClocked ReMix, or OC Remix for short, turned ten this Friday. Started by David "DJ Pretzel" Lloyd in 1999, OC Remix describes itself as "an organization dedicated to the appreciation, preservation, and interpretation of video game music" and was responsible for the remixed soundtrack in Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix.

"When I started this site in my parent's basement back in 1999, I thought it would be a fun diversion that could help me get better at making music, but also serve as an outlet for VGM fans everywhere to pay homage to their favorite songs," said Lloyd.

"While I didn't have any idea it would become what it is today, I did have a certain faith - faith that there were others like me, faith that the Internet was full of a lot of talented people who would contribute their music and their time and their energy freely, and faith that we could show the world that video game music is an art form."

To celebrate the anniversary, the site released ten mixes from ten different artists based on ten different games. You can check them, and a great many others out, here. [http://ocremix.org/]

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Happy Birthday OC Remix!

I'll load up my Sonic the Hedgehog 3+Knuckles soundtrack remixes to celebrate.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Heard of it, never been there, though.

But it lets you mix game soundtracks? That's cool. Happy 10th birthday, I'm going to go check it for Grandia music.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Ah, OC remix....

Some of the most played songs on my WinAmp playlist are from there.

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to youuu....

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Happy Birthday OC! I can't believe it's already 10 years old... I love it for the FF7 'Voices Of The Lifestream' album, I actually did a load of videos based on that soundtrack and used some of it in my own game (which admittedly sucked, the remake should be out after Christmas though and should be much better...).

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
Amnestic said:
Happy Birthday OC Remix!

Oh hell yea! Listening to Malicious Fingers at the moment. If anyone doesn't know, it's the part off Sonic 3 & Knuckles where you fight Robotknik on the last but one fight where he is in a giant robot.

koriantor

Nov 9, 2009
I was going to start an OC ReMix thread actually. Oh well, Happy Birthday to my favorite source of music!

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I first heard of them when they came out with "Metal Gear May Cry" and after all these years, I still listen to that track regularly.

Happy birthday, OCR!

lenneth

Aug 17, 2008
ActionDan said:
Amnestic said:
Happy Birthday OC Remix!

Oh hell yea! Listening to Malicious Fingers at the moment. If anyone doesn't know, it's the part off Sonic 3 & Knuckles where you fight Robotknik on the last but one fight where he is in a giant robot.
One of my Favourites but my top 3 would have to be
Mario 64 - Fleeting ecstasy
F-Zero - Blue Vacation
Sonic 3 - Eastern Ice Field

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
Happy Birthday to OC Remix, i have always enjoyed their FF remixes and i still listen to them now.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
Well happy birthday me guesses. I learn about so many new websites here I love it. Game music never ages and no matter what I can still have those spine tingling memories of boss battles to the feeling of sadness/victory at the end of a great game. So to this website that I just heard about and have been bumming around for about twenty minutes, thank you for bringing back a few memories.

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Merry Birthday!

ActionDan said:
Amnestic said:
Happy Birthday OC Remix!

Malicious Fingers is good, but I've always thought Dead Batteries was probably the best of the S&K remixes up there.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
One of my favourite sites for fan made music

Love Live OC-Remix! You, anre your vision aare epic!

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
Happy Birthday! I can't thank the guys on this site enough for their premium quality remixes. Hell half of my music library consists of remixes from the site!