Octodad: Dadliest Catch - why is this next-gen???

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Agayek said:
Honestly?

This is why:
That abridged series always gets quite a few laughs from me, here's hoping this years episode comes out sooner.

OT: Sounds like what other people are saying might have some truth in which the likes of Sony and MS just either don't see it like that or prefer you into buying their current gens.

Also it didn't take too long in this thread for someone to bring PC into the discussion, here comes the new PC vs console thread all over...

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Why release anything on outdated tech? There's a new thing out, so both the devs and hardware manufacturers want to push that new thing. Consoles aren't modular, so you have to buy the whole thing over again instead of just upgrading.

If you don't want to buy a new console, don't play the game or buy a PC. Those are your options.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Phrozenflame500 said:
If you don't want to buy a new console, don't play the game or buy a PC. Those are your options.
Deadliest Catch is available on the PC actually. Sony sent the dev team behind the first Octodad dev kits before, and the team that made Octodad had been in negotiations with Sony since 2011 apparently, but the schedule was pushed back because there were only 8 developers and they didn't have as much time to work on it.

So since it wasn't out yet, they might as well put it on the next console. Heck, that's what happened to Pikmin 3, as Pikmin 3 was supposed to be on the Nintendo Wii originally since it had been announced in 2008, but it was moved to the Wii U since it spent so much time in development hell as it's called.

Shadow-Phoenix said:
That abridged series always gets quite a few laughs from me, here's hoping this years episode comes out sooner.
Sadly Hellsing Abridged's next episode won't be out until Halloween this year. They always have it premier on a Halloween, and it doesn't seem like they're gonna change the schedule for it. Now to just site and wait I guess.

Qvar

OBJECTION!
Aug 25, 2013
So let me get this straight... They sell consoles at a loss because they will recoup it with the sales of games, which they are also selling at a loss (or at least not winning as much as they could if also released on previous gen consoles) so they can sell more consoles at a loss.

Yes, sounds like a solid strategy to me.