Oddworld Creator Wants to Make More Games

danhere

Apr 5, 2010
It's nice to know he's trying to think outside the box, but people need to stop treating Facebook like it's the absolute future of the internet. Facebook is a fad, much like Myspace was a fad. The only difference is that Facebook is more ubiquitous, which is going to give it a much longer lifespan than Myspace. It's still a matter of time until the next thing comes along though.

Ashkorne

May 21, 2011
danhere said:
It's nice to know he's trying to think outside the box, but people need to stop treating Facebook like it's the absolute future of the internet. Facebook is a fad, much like Myspace was a fad. The only difference is that Facebook is more ubiquitous, which is going to give it a much longer lifespan than Myspace. It's still a matter of time until the next thing comes along though.
This is right actually. Even though Facebook has massive appeal it's actually extremely limiting in scope. You have to do things "Their" way. Hell, you can't even do something as ridiculously basic as change your page colour! It's claustrophobically limited.

Facebook is all about data aggregation, which is why you have to click "Allow 3rd Party Access" for nearly everything you do. That's the reason it's so brutally regimented. It needs to find your data in the same place every time. Once people start waking up and realising then we can get proper consumer-centric Social Networks happening again.

Lorne Lanning and a properly set up Social Network? I'd like to see those games happening.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
YES. YOU MUST DO THIS. I loved the Oddworld games, and I'm looking forward to the HD remake of Oddysee and Exodus.