Of all the ´´big´´ publishers which one do you like/love/tolerate the most?

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
All this valve love, and souplex hasn't started calling us all sheep and cursing valve under his breath yet? It's a chrismalloweenika miracle!

Yea, im going with valve. I use steam all the time and i have all their games except portal 2.

I need a "I love VALVe" T-shirt.

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
I really like Ubisoft mostly with respect to the Assassins Creed games. They just seem to do a good job and I never hear of any bullshit advertising etc.
Valve is obviously beloved by most.
Forgot about THQ, you never hear about them really ... no news is good news in this context!
Oh EA ... they really need to tighten up and revamp their image. I don't really mind Origin, Valve doesn't own the rights to the "game launcher" and EA have just produced their own version but they've made poor marketing decisions. They need to work hard to shrug off their bad image and they don't even seem to be trying. I don't think they really "ruin" the actual games though ... no matter how much you want to blaim Dragon Age 2 on them!

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Well, I do love Capcom. People can ***** and moan all they want about them, but they've pretty much single-handedly kept the fighting game genre alive (yeah, I love Aksys, but Blablue is only so popular unfortunately), and they've got Resident Evil, my favorite series of games.

An up-an-comer though is definitely Rocksteady, with both Batman games being absolutely phenomenal.

And Nintendo, naturally.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
William Catching said:
Varanfan9 said:
Nintendo. They don't screw over their customers and create a wider variety of games than most other companies.
Yeah! They have new ideas for our nostalgia, they have repackaged nostalgia, and even nostalgia with HD upgrades in 3D!!
At least they don't have FPS, Rip-off of another FPS, HD FPS, and 3D FPS.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Valve.. Not to be a fanboy but when compared to the likes of EA and Activision well... The latter destroyed more things I loved than the first.

jcg

Jul 14, 2009
Varanfan9 said:
Nintendo. They don't screw over their customers and create a wider variety of games than most other companies.
Rereleasing Mario, Zelda and Metroid is not what i call a wide variety of games.

Gman said:
Wait, Valve counts as a "big" publisher now? AWESOME! ALL HAIL LORD NEWELL!
I thinking of a game released by Valve that isn't a must play, and having a hard time. The only thing they done that makes me kind of "not amused" was releasing L4D2 as a game instead of an addon for L4D. And offcourse their inability to releash anything with 3 in the name.

Biggest drop in love for me is Blizzard, since they joined Activision. I'm not sure if Activision has anything to do with it, but Blizzard has taken some questionable actions in recent times, which make be wonder what the hell they are thinking.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Most of them have their sins and their redeeming points. Ubisoft puts out some dang good games with a taste of originality to them, but then attach their DRM leash on all of them. Activision puts out playable but still so-so games, with barely any DRM to notice(Though how MW3 is released may change that. Activision has a chance to actually look better than EA with this). Valve puts out dang good games, restricted to Steam which is still a good service, but you have to wait fooorrrrreeeeevveeerrr for something new to come. THQ? Two words: Saints Row.

Two that aren't worth mentioning right now? EA and Blizzard. With the new policies those two have adopted, they aren't worth my money right now. Makes me happy Valve got to do DOTA 2 instead of Blizzard seizing on that.

Greatjusticeman

May 29, 2011
1.) Warner Bros Games - I don't know if they are a "huge" publisher, but the fact that they give a lot of funding and time to Rocksteady to create near perfect games focused on my favorite superhero is what makes them one of my favorites. (Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City)

2.) Rockstar - Red Dead Redemption is one of my favorite games. Really excited for Max Payne 3, and the fact they pulled L.A. Noire out from the shitter to publish it was cool.

3.) EA - Their practices don't bother me. They make most of my favorite games and Bioware and Dice studios make titles I purchase.