Of Favorite Games and Booty Calls

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Mr Jims:
You my friend are awesome! There's nothing wrong with Shining Force though, its a superbly enjoyable game. The ultimate simplification of the strategic rpg. Those battle animations have stuck with me through all these years. These days I too often just get lost in millions of stats and special abilities, prompting me to run through some SF3 battles again (probably the only game you'd get a sega cd for, especially if you can lay your hands on the J episodes).

hiPeanut:
I know some DK lovers, don't worry, they're out there.

As for myself:
Blood, I love that game to death and beyond, WARM BRAAAAINS! Used to spend weeks building maps for it to face my friends in. I even joined that weird club of people that got it running on Windows XP. I even enjoyed Blood2, forgave it for all its flaws just to feel the spirit of the original which is still in there a little bit.

The Tingler

Oct 3, 2007
Sabbad said:
I've always maintained that 007: Nightfire is the best rubbish game of all time.
I'd go further than that - 007: Agent Under Fire! Truly an atrociously bad game, with one big, big saving grace in multiplayer - the Grapple Watch.

You can fire it at any time, any where. It moves fast and has a long range. It sticks to anything. You can still fire guns while using it. You can fly through the air, detach the grapple, and while you're still in the air attach it to something else - or even hide in a dark corner of a ceiling somewhere.

In short, Agent Under Fire became Spider-Man Deathmatch! It was INCREDIBLE. I will never forgive EA for removing it in Nightfire.

SlayerGhede

Jan 13, 2008
I'd say Dungeon Keeper, but I don't feel guilty about that pleasure at all. It is an awesome game.

Harvest moon. In all of its incarnations except the Gamecube atrocity. It is not fun. It is soul consuming. I even liked the buggy DS version. I've haven't reached the "end game" since the SNES days, these days that requires as much devotion as hitting level 100 in Warcraft.

Don't correct me on that, it was intentional.

Krillintheshiny

Mar 15, 2008
I can't believe other people in this world still play PSO... that, good sir, is amazing. I could never get in to Phantasy Star Universe... it didn't have the same feel.

Mega Man 2 is another one of my booty call games... I can usually blast through it in half-an-hour and always feel better afterwards.

Drong

Oct 31, 2007
WoW is my booty call, lost 2 years to it, haven't played it in months but still keep my subscription up to date in case i give in to that urge, I really do feel guilty playing it these days, like a relapsed junkie.

Kedcom

Feb 15, 2008
I quite enjoy booting up a Megadrive emulator and playing Streets of Rage 2 sometimes...

Love that game.

Nov 6, 2007
Sabbad said:
I'd go further than that - 007: Agent Under Fire! Truly an atrociously bad game, with one big, big saving grace in multiplayer - the Grapple Watch.

You can fire it at any time, any where. It moves fast and has a long range. It sticks to anything. You can still fire guns while using it. You can fly through the air, detach the grapple, and while you're still in the air attach it to something else - or even hide in a dark corner of a ceiling somewhere.

In short, Agent Under Fire became Spider-Man Deathmatch! It was INCREDIBLE. I will never forgive EA for removing it in Nightfire.
AWESOME!!! Someone else who has experienced the fun of Peter Parker: Secret Agent. My friends and I spent countless hours zipping back and forth through the air obliterating each other with machine guns in this game. Some of the most fun I've had in any Bond game.

Chemfire

May 28, 2008
Tomb Raider

The second one, I just utterly loved it, and Croft Mannor was AMAZING, I just, Loved that game, and I still play it on my PS2 <3

Thais

Jun 12, 2008
Okay, I don't feel so old, now that FFI, Gundam AND Diablo have all been brought up by other people! LOL!

Booty call games? Hmm...that would have to indicate the capacity for feeling guilty about my game habits...

Dcarty745

Mar 12, 2008
Gears of War
I constantly find myself playing it's multiplayer even though the multplayer population is rapidly decreasing.

LukeUK90

Apr 2, 2008
Mine used to be Elder scrolls:IV Oblivion, but the amount of hours I put into the game just for it to freeze up and delete all my saves.
It was a betrayal I took to heart.
Now I'd probably say Pokemon: Leaf Green, can't beat a classic.

Zombie_King

May 26, 2008
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. It's fun and intiutive, and definitely challenging. It's easy to slide into or out of at any time.

Mister Benoit

Sep 19, 2008
I guess my biggest one would probably be Final Fantasy IX, the game is full of cheese but it's wonderful wonderful brie.

Also I've consistently been playing D2 since it's release, get all wrapped up in USEast every now and then, shame they haven't reset ladder like they were supposed to last April.

Hardcore Ladder Rush is a blast.

FFKonoko

Nov 26, 2009
My Booty Call game would be Gungrave.
There are other ones that I enjoy less than Gungrave but was more embarassed of having, yet still ended up treating similarly. Like Fantavision and a disturbingly large selection of Sailor Moon games. But Gungrave (2 to a lesser extent) was the game I ended up borrowing, renting, buying, rebuying...