Offensive Gamertags? What are you trying to do? Get attention?

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
So, i have a friend who recently changed his gamertag to
DislexicDuck
Another one of my friends has seen this, taken this personally and threatened him to punch his lights out.
Being the peacemaker, i try to sort it out. I tried reasoning and asked how it was offensive to which he replied "i am dyslexic". I say "so, its not saying anything about dyslexic people or insulting them in any way. It's not saying taht dislexic people are idiots and should set fire to themself is it?"

My friend will have no of this, and as a result, is having multiple people ignore him. He doesn't have enough money to change it back "YET". I came to the agreement that the dyslexic person would forgive him if he changed his gamertag.

I'm asking you, escapists, Did i go about it the right way? Do you find that gamertag offensive? Has the kid over-reacted? How can it be solved because i don't want a war breaking out here...

EDIT: Also, when i ask how it is offensive i get nothing. Not a peep.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Your dyslexic friend is an idiot to get worked up over simple alliteration.

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
Aby_Z said:
It's not just him. He has arranged other friends ti beat the shit out of my mate with the gamer-tag. Also, people are not going to talk to him.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
kidwithxboxlive said:
Aby_Z said:
It's not just him. He has arranged other friends ti beat the shit out of my mate with the gamer-tag. Also, people are not going to talk to him.
So you're surrounded by easily offended idiots. Turn it back around and bring in an adult.

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Then I'm sorry to tell you that those other friends are idiots too.

Edit: dammit, one minute too late.

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
Cuy said:
Your friend the dyslexic seems rather stupid. Like a brute or something, that gets offended right away and solves things with violence. I say you get a baseball bat and jump the dyslexic guy. If not to help the other friend with the "offensive" gamertag, at least do it for the human genepool.
This made me laugh. But seriously... i don't fancy my chances against that number of people

delet

Nov 2, 2008
The MuthR FuthR said:
Cuy said:
do it for the human genepool.
The sad truth is that its unlawfull to eradicate the unwise in most cultures...
Because eugenics could never be turned into something bad or taboo. Naaaaaw.

Ertol

Jul 8, 2010
How is this offensive? I'd say your friend with the gamertag doesn't need to change it back, except for fear of getting beat up that is. But really, that shouldn't be offensive to anyone.

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
tehfeen said:
If I was the guy with the 'offensive' gamer tag I'd be worried. Those dyslexic's may have serious retard strength.
like hulk hogan mixed with the dyslexic kid?
The <insert something with the 2,3 and 4th letters being U,L and K and make it sound like something retarded>

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
DYSLEXICS UNTIE!!!!!

but in all seriousness dude is getting worked up over a trivial matter and in my professional opinion needs to get smacked upside his head with a snow shovel once or seven times

Sam Eskenazi

Dec 26, 2008
Jesus mate, how old are your friends?

That sounds like another one of my friends back when we were 14: One friend asked what Dyslexia and Dyspraxia actually were, to which my Dyslexic/Dyslaxic friend lost his shit and kicked the crap out of him after the bus.

I was, understandably, very confused. What... is the problem?

Be honest, turn to your friends and ask them what the hell their problem is? Make sure to talk to him in front of plenty of other people, so he can't somehow warp other people's minds. Just tell him how it makes no sense to be pissed, and just screw the pedants if they disagree.

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
Here is a convosation between my friend and someone else:

Other person: Dikhead
Friend: ?
Other person: dialex. Dislexic Duck* Wow
Friend: it wasnt even meant to be offensive
it depends how you take it
its not like im goin
"ha ha your dislexic and should die in a hole" am i
*THIS BIT MADE ME LAUGH*

Friend: m meerly pointing out that theres is a possibility that ducks can be dislexic

Other person:I int talkin 2 u until u change name

Friend: how is it offensive?
i still dont see how im offending him
it doesnt have
(im not putting the dyslexics name here for reasons) ***** in it or DYSLEXICS ARE IDIOTS or anything like that

END OF CONVERSATION.

I read this and said wow...

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
Twuk said:
You're worried about getting jumped by people you met on XBL? :/
No, My friends goes to my school. Another kid goes to the same school. MY friend somehow pissed off this kid (read the first post) and this kid threatens him. My friend, (being my friend) gets help from me and i try to make the peace.

Sam Eskenazi said:
Jesus mate, how old are your friends?
The dyslexic is about 14.
He wouldn't kick the shit out of you but his friends are like brick shit houses...