Official Fuller House Discussion Thread

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Well... it's been released... Lets talk about it.

Jodie Sweetin is smoking hot, right? Oh God, a gal like Stephanie Tanner in real life would be awesome. She's got weed brownies, she's drinking margaritas in the middle of the day. Really my kind of gal.

The kids are kinda assholes though... I just sat through this one where Max lies about being able to get a fire truck and theres this exchange.

Kid: My Dad trained our dog to get him Beer from the fridge.
Max: Your dad sounds like a boozer!

Whooooooaaaa, asshole right? And to top it off at the end of the episode he shows up that same kid by bringing a fire truck to that kids party. What a freaking dick.

and that Lucha Libre episode... Oh God, as a wrestling fan it was a really tough tough watch. A Foursided Ring for Lucha Libre?

The tone of the show is also really weird, just because they stick to this very light hearted saccharine world that was buyable in the 90s, but in our post-9/11 world just feels jarring... I keep expecting that there's going to be a huge plot twist and that it'll turn into a giant deconstruction of the whole genre or something. Nope, it keeps on trucking... And I'm not even sure if I like it or not, though it does provide the occasional chuckle, but I do still keep watching it and will probably finish my binge tonight. It does strike a cord with me that it's the exact thing the other Netflix Original, Bojack Horseman, rebels against.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Well I just finished it.

I enjoyed it a lot. Is it good? No. I'd have a real hard time saying it's good. It stays in that happy friendly world we left them in the 90s, maybe with a bit more edges here and there but it's virtually harmless fluff. Shit never goes bad and everyone ends up hugging and being best friends.

It's a show that's completely out of place in this day and age and yet... It's enjoyable. It's breazy. Relaxing even.

This is comfort food in a television show. And I want more of it, even if it doesn't go anywhere.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
With Fuller House coming out I have come to the conclusion that the Tanner family is a cult commune that sacrifices their loved ones. Think about it. The dad was married, had 3 kids, and then his wife died. DJ got married, had 3 kids, her husband died. They then bring their loved ones to live under the same roof as the other members. Coincidence? I think not. Clearly something shady is going on here.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Comic Sans said:
With Fuller House coming out I have come to the conclusion that the Tanner family is a cult commune that sacrifices their loved ones. Think about it. The dad was married, had 3 kids, and then his wife died. DJ got married, had 3 kids, her husband died. They then bring their loved ones to live under the same roof as the other members. Coincidence? I think not. Clearly something shady is going on here.
Theres an element to this I think works as a good horror movie, like a He Who Lives Beyond The Corn Rows kinda way.

It's actually a pretty fucked up when you think about it, the whole thing is drenched in tragedy. Danny's wife died via a drunk driver. I have a working theory his obession with being clean is his way of dealing with the rage and the powerlessness.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
DudeistBelieve said:
Comic Sans said:
Theres an element to this I think works as a good horror movie, like a He Who Lives Beyond The Corn Rows kinda way.

It's actually a pretty fucked up when you think about it, the whole thing is drenched in tragedy. Danny's wife died via a drunk driver. I have a working theory his obession with being clean is his way of dealing with the rage and the powerlessness.
Or he is trying to cover up the fact that he is turning into a deep one. All that washing to cover the fishy smell. Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!