Official Ghostbusters the video game thread:

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
I know this has been done, I've posted in older GB threads myself but i can't find it..anyway.

Just picked this up tonight and i must say it's pretty fun. My wife actually wanted it and if the mrs. has no quarrels about buying a video game then you go for it. It's def. better then i thought it would be, without giving away too much it's very nostalgic and makes many references (even in the first few levels) to the first movie. Fans of the movies will enjoy the game even more for this reason. The voice acting is well done and it's actually funny. So far my only rela complaint is the soudn fx. Just seems the fx for the proton packs is way too low. It blends into all the ambient sound and leaves me wishing that when i fire that puppy off you get that loud energy discharge sound. Meh but anyway. Who else has it and what do you think about the game so far?

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Is there enough pay for play?
Meaning, do you really get your money's worth?
I just don't want to find myself paying $60 for a 6 hour game with no replay value.

deletemeplease107

Oct 15, 2008
My cousin bought it the other day and called me and said its pretty fun. He said there were a few moements where it made him jump and that it was really fun.

I might get it im not sure

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
Incredibly dubious of the quality of this game, I mean "Ghostbusters = teh 1337 sauce" but UP was an awesome movie too, not buying that game either.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
yes, some feedback on how much bang for your buck would be appreciated. I was thinking about getting it on the Wii because I think it will play better with the wii-motes, but noone has really said anything about if the controls suck or not. But I love Ghostbusters, so I think I would enjoy the story at the very least.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Sorry im just not that far into it yet to give a proper bang for your buck statement. They incorporate alot of background into the ghosts from the first movie, like the library gray lady has a major role so far. But it's DEF worth the rental. And yea.. there IS online multiplayer. I guess steam doesn't support it but consoles do. Not trying to build a hype machine here but for a one of those "video game movies" so far its pretty damn good.

And yes some parts are legitimatly creepy believe it or not. Also the story is really really good. GOod enough where you sit back and listen to the cut scenes and how the story is unraveling around you and you think.. you know what? I could so see this as the original scripted 3rd movie that became a video game. Just like the earliest rumors of this game foretold. Anyway, i'l put some more time into in tonight and mayeb do an update or two if any of you are on the fence about it. Who knows maybe it all goes to crap next level >:D

Beltaine

Oct 27, 2008
I'm digging it. Mostly due to Nostalgia though.

Some of the gameplay could have been better. It comes off as chaotic and it's really difficult in some places to tell what's going on. Since you can only really die if all the ghostbusters die, it's forgivable. Except when you're so overwhelmed you all die at once.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Beat it. Bought it about this time yesterday. Another 24 hour wonder with about i dunno 5-10 hours of gameplay. The story was excellent, the gameplay is a bit chaotic at times, but it's wicked fun. Honestly for whatit's worth there isn't much more they could of gotten out of it. The levels were fun, baddeis were abundant. It was well paced, told an excellent story, had some fun some laughs some creeps, and now it is over. It's def worth playing.

On a side note i tried to connect to multiplayer online to see what that wsa all abotu and after about 5 mintues of attempts i eventually failed and was booted soo.. yea.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Is there enough pay for play?
Meaning, do you really get your money's worth?
I just don't want to find myself paying $60 for a 6 hour game with no replay value.
60 bucks. HA. In New Zealand its retailing at $110+.
Yeash! Thats highway robbery!