Officially done with Xbox Live.

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
Mar451 said:
Recently I moved to a new state, a few days ago my flatmates went back to my home state to get the rest of our stuff we could not get in the move. When they came back we had a lot of furniture, so during the move we had to disconnect the internet several times to move around the storage boxes and furniture and the like.

We celebrate the night with a little SSBB and then a little while later me and my friend played some Gears. A day later I check my checking account and see a grand total of $240 missing from my account. I check the statement and apparently my Live subscription was cancelled and reinstated several times. Upon calling Microsoft for answers, after about an hour we discover that because we disconnected the internet Live read it as me cancelling my subscription and that "I" should have told them when I was going to disconnect. As if it were my fault.

Has this happened to anyone else? Am I out of line to say this is absolute shit? We got our money back yes, but we still did not get our subscription reinstated. I am no console fanboy but this is truly the final straw. I will be sticking to PC and PS3 for my online pay for now on. Xbox Live has always been a shitty, unmoderated, overpriced, mediocre service and I refuse to pay for this shit anymore.

And to all those console fanboys who completely miss the point of this thread who say, "Well, I have a job, so $60 a year is no big deal to me." That might be true, but when you are getting better service from something that is free, rather than something you pay for, something is seriously wrong.
This makes no sense. Since the account is connected to your XBox, not your internet service, how would they charge you repeatedly? Were you on the AOL payment plan? Glad you got your money back though.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
strangeotron said:
You are if you want to actually get the full experience from the gam's you pay for and play online. XBL is nothing more than a scam.
Um, then don't play the 360. If you think it is a scam why do you willingly fall prey to it?

strangeotron said:
I've just encountered the most unpleasant person (american) on Live that I've ever come across. This guy was beyond the fucking pale and it's left me incandescent. There is just no excuse for these people being on Live and it's damn well about time M$ got their shit together and took this seriously. Why the hell are we paying for teh privilege of entertaining these idiots.
I've just encountered the most unpleasant person (British) on The Escapist that I have ever come across. This guy was beyond fucking whining and its left me incandescent. There is just no excuse for these people being on The Escapist and it's damn well time the mods got their shit together and took this seriously. Why the hell are we wasting our time entertaining these idiots?

Don't feel good, does it? Not all Americans are pale squeaking 14 year olds that curse every other word. I would appreciate it if you stopped grouping all Americans together. Some of us are actually rather mature.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I had a not altogether similar experience with Live. After spending hours on the phone with them and being called a liar (directly, not paraphrasing) but the head person at the support center I've totally given up on them. I literally sold my 360 a week later. Fuck them. They don't deserve my money.

To be fair, I don't play much online on consoles anyway.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Pirakahunter788 said:
tthor said:
yay, viva la resistance! down with xbox!

note, i actually don't want xbox to stop existing. all the homophobic gaybashers should have someplace to game in peace...
Everyone should have fun playing the games they like to play. Being dissed or harrassed just for being a different color or a different sexual orientation is just sad, wrong, and cruel.
exactly! thats why 'xbox live' is so genius! rather than having all those homophobic people spilling into all the other areas of videogames, xbox live helps keep them contained so that the rest of us can game on in peace, while they teabag each other to their hearts' content. its like a leper colony for douchebags!

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
Screw XBL; I had it, went to the PC and haven't gone back. You should only get XBL if you LUV MP gaming (mostly with idiots).

You can get a PC that runs games at the twice the graphical fidelity of the 360 for around $500. Considering that you save massive amounts on the games themselves through DD sales, the fact you dropped a $60 a year service, and the fact that many PC games are $50 new means that the extra $200 will be easily covered in under a year.

Mar451

Nov 25, 2009
Wow, I just post this thread to vent and all I see are "Go play on PSN oh wait" and then other people attacking them

Seriously guys, prove the stereotypes wrong, it is possible for people to say something on the internet without people going batshit. The amount of fail in this thread is beyond me.