Oh dear god (graphic animal cruelty)

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
Christ-o-fucking-mighty that was terrible, this must stop but who is actually going to stop it if it makes money.

Recaptcha=called herprour <-seriously?!

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
Wow, that was worse than I thought it would be, the animal being skinned alive was harder to watch than that video of Budd Dwyers (U.S. policitian) shooting himself in the head which somehow is allowed on YouTube. Yeah that's sick alright, I'm not against using animals for fur entirely since I eat animals myself and wear leather shoes but they shouldn't be cruelly treated like this.

Shame there was so many racist comments on the video about it being Chinese people carrying out the deeds :-(
It's easier to just write it off as something those "fucked up chinks" do than to admit that this stuff also happens a couple of miles away from your home (although probably to a much lesser degree).
Not even mentioning the fact that this and other forms of "Chinese exploitation" mostly happen because people want their shoes, clothing and other stuff as cheap as possible, and thus indirectly force companies to act like this.

DoctorPhil

Apr 25, 2011
The suicide video of Budd Dwyers didn't even get any reaction out of me, but I couldn't even watch past the first few seconds, where he starts to swing that badger into the ground. I have a very positive outlook on life, but hearing that they skin animals alive makes me wonder if all life is better off not existing, as it seems likely imo that life creates more suffering than happiness. Oh man, I'm cuddling my cat so much right now.
Jakub324 said:
Why can't they electrocute or gas them or some other humane thing, but this is just disgraceful. I have no words to describe this.
That costs money.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
TestECull said:
Raise on loving farm --> lethal injection --> cruelty free fur!

How hard can it be?!
Shoot, even a bullet to the brain if your lacking on funds.

Spoonius

Jul 18, 2009
I watched it, processed it, mulled over it for a bit... and now feel slightly emptier on the inside.

How hard can synthetic fur be to produce? Anyone in the world determined to obtain "real" fur simply for authenticity's sake should watch this video.

PS: to everyone above unsure about whether or not to watch the video, do it. You need to see it firsthand to truly come to terms with it, and what's the worst that could happen? You might desensitise yourself a little, but being weak-stomached never helped anyone.

Spawny0908

Feb 11, 2009
People are just cruel. Some douchebag decapitated 2 cats somewhere in Pa. Saw it on the news.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
Protip: if you have to include "don't report me" in your OP, then it's better to take the thread elsewhere. Spreading shock videos on the internet is not an effective form of activism.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
preferably I would have seen them killing the animals quick (like snapping their necks)
besides how else are you going to get cozy and furry hats?

mrscott137

Apr 8, 2010
I don't think I have ever been more glad to see something than that first skinned one finally dying. Nothing, no animal or human, deserves to die like that. I'd kill the bastards myself, with no hesitation.

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
I'm not even gonna watch it. On the other hand, in western slaughterhouses pigs are being castrated, so technically, if we eat meat, we support the torturing of animals as well.

I'm not saying its comparable though. There is still huge difference between knowingly torture animals like this video displays, and eating meat thus indirectly causing similar harm to cows or pigs and other livestock.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
would it really have been so hard to kill it before they skinned it ... they didnt even kill it after they skinned it for crying out loud.

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
What? A Chinese business targeting well to do clients does something unethical?
NOOOO!![/sarcasm] I agree this is atrocious but at the same time it's a far cry from surprising. People who can afford expensive clothing rarely care about the chemical burned orphans and eviscerated kittens.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
I have seen that video before. At least from peoples description I believe I have, on my phone and it will hardly load. While sick I just don't have the same level of empathy for animals as I have for people.

I watched it because it's more in a long line of demented PETA propaganda. The idea you are supposed to take always that it's a normal sample of the fur trade. Yet like the slaughterhouse cruelty video it's the exception rather then the rule. There is an idea floating around in places that the animals fur is actually better if the animal is skinned alive.

It's that misconception you see in action here.

The Epicosity

Mar 19, 2011
scorptatious said:
I only watched the first 20 seconds and I couldn't watch anymore. I despise people who would do this kind of thing to animals. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find my dogs and hold them for a while.
You just made me imagine my own dog being skinned, I am crying because of you. I am also ashamed I am managing to type this.

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009
How did that animal survive being skinned without bleeding to death within 5 seconds? This seems to defy all logic.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
The Epicosity said:
scorptatious said:
I only watched the first 20 seconds and I couldn't watch anymore. I despise people who would do this kind of thing to animals. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to find my dogs and hold them for a while.
You just made me imagine my own dog being skinned, I am crying because of you. I am also ashamed I am managing to type this.
Damn, dude. I'm sorry. :(