OH M GOD YOU GODDAMN NOOB!

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I got into a game where things were becoming a stalemate and I had about 17 thousand minerals in starcraft 2.

I made 100 gateways, killed off all my probes via sending them into the meat grinder of his siege tanked entrance.

I warped in 2 warp prisms and 99 zealots inside of his base... heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee no islands for him to run to.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
Left 4 Dead 2.

I sometimes like to wait until one of my friends (strictly friends, not just random folk I get grouped with) is incapacitated and in need of revival. Then, I'll mosey over to them and hold 'E' until the bar is nearly full. Then, I'll let go. I repeat this as necessary. (Read: until they yell at me ;D)

Oh wait, that's more annoying than anything.

The most idiotic thing I seem to do in L4D2 is run headfirst into the Tank. It doesn't matter which campaign, or who is going ahead of me.. it's always me that finds the Tank, and ends up becoming paté.

Valate_v1legacy

Sep 16, 2009
Lord of the Rings Online.

What makes me a noob?
Well I'm not a noob on my Champion, but on my warden (named 'Waden') I am Uuber-noob!

Zannah

Jan 27, 2010
jobobob said:
The noobs are people who use guns out of some sense of morality, I use a famas flamethrower, and rpg: Play to win.
That argument only holds true, as long as something remotely describable as 'balance' exists. In Mw2, using the ump or any of the assault rifles made a difference, but a small one. In black ops, using the 74u or the aug, is a difference between 4.0 and 2.0 K:D ratio (for my playstyle, anyway). And that's where using certain guns starts getting fishy.

Ot: World of Warcraft - Frostmages. That is all.

WittyName

Jan 3, 2009
Bad Company 2

AUG
4x scope
Magnum ammo

I swear, 9 of the 10 times I get killed, the guy has this set-up.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
hittite said:
The fact that I don't have a lot of time to play and I'm not very good.
That's what makes me a noob too. I don't even know what weapons are good or not. That's why I usually play a demo or medic class. I know what to do when I play them, and weapons are kind of secondary.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
octafish said:
hittite said:
The fact that I don't have a lot of time to play and I'm not very good.
That's what makes me a noob too. I don't even know what weapons are good or not. That's why I usually play a demo or medic class. I know what to do when I play them, and weapons are kind of secondary.
You're not a noob, you're a newb.
Big difference.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
AVP. Jumpers. The game has a really hard time regeristering hits dealing with different heights, jumpers take advantage of this by jumping while charing a heavy attack to stun-lock you to death/execution kill.

Mikkaddo

Black Rose Knight
Jan 19, 2008
My last multiplayer game was "five" in black ops and only
Lasting to round four and completing maybe three or four objectives makes me a newb

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
StarCraft2.

Actually, not really a noob. Because a noob isn't simply a new person, it's a new person who likes to use the cheese tactics and acts like a jerk, because they don't make a commitment to learn the game's more intelligent builds. I'm just bad at the game. In fact, I'm not even new to the game. I got it on launch day.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
jobobob said:
The noobs are people who use guns out of some sense of morality, I use a famas flamethrower, and rpg: Play to win.
You are right, that DOES make you a noob. Play to have fun, its not a life or death situation Sgt. Serious... after all, its just a game.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
jobobob said:
Seconded.
The noobs are the ones who complain about a weapon they don't like because it's good. They developers have to give you a good gun sooner or later, don't they? Otherwise we'd all be running around the maps in BO with slug guns and .22s.
I'll personally go with an AUG flamthrower and Colt Python, especially for splitscreen games. The look on your friend's face when you light him on fire and then use your entire fuel-tank on his corpse is priceless. :D

Chappy

May 17, 2010
flaming_squirrel said:
omega_peaches said:
Think about the last online multiplayer game you have played.
Done? Okay, now, in that game, what makes you a noob?
For me, Black Ops.
AK74u, Grip+Rapid Fire.
No, I do not mind the FAMAS.
MPL, rapid fire, SoH > AK74u

Corner campers with ghost on the other hand are the spawn of satan.
Hey now, you'll break my heart I use Ghost in Cap the flag when defending the objective and I'm not that evil. :/

But yeah noob tactic? If rushing gets boring I go all silenced weapons (Spas shotgun and Pistol) With Ghost and Marathon Pro the messages you get sometimes are.. extreme.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
zehydra said:
gigastar said:
Team Fortress 2, according to some people, anything. One shining example was shortly after the WAR Update [http://www.teamfortress.com/war/part1/index.htm] and I got my bloody man-hands on a Direct Hit. After some trail/error I got used to how it worked and racked up consistent kill streaks and about half a dozen dominations.

The 'noob' part comes in when I noticed someone was specifically coming after me. after two dozen or so failures in one of my lives, he finally cornered me with a FaN and killed me.

The guy then proceeded to call me a noob through the chat in block caps then immeadiatly left the server afterwards.
let me expand this by saying in every multiplayer game, (not just Team Fortress 2), anything will make you a noob. Saying "noob" is really just the rage talking. Don't even bother trying to come up with a rational justification for labeling this and that as noobish and pro. It's all bullshit.
straight from the horses mouth look at some of the recent extra credits and you see that many of the things considered "noobish" is something put in for newbies to get in and have some fun.