Oh my god, it's...! (Voice Acting)

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I recognize Steven Blum whenever he voices a character. I must admit I was really surprised when I found out that Mark Hamill voiced The Joker in Batman: The Animated series and the Arkham games.

I think the actor that voiced Solid Snake and Naked Snake also voices the Jedi Knight in The Old Republic. He also wrote the screenplay for Watchmen.

Jan 13, 2012
I almost crapped myself when I found out the guy who did Axel's voice from the english dubs of Kingdom Hearts also does the voice of Reno from the english dubs of Final Fantasy 7.

When ever I watch FF7: Advent Children all I think about is Axel being Reno.

I also read about it and the KH devs said they did it intentionally.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
TopazFusion said:
Ahh yeah. These three being voiced by the same guy . . .

Dammit, you ninja'd Keith David.
Although I was actually going to include Decker from fallout.

Also Steven Blum. He is in EVERYTHING. I'm not joking, seriously.
He's in: Batman arkham asylum (killer croc), bulletstorm (Grayson), call of duty, command and conquer, Company of heros (intel and base commander), dead island, dead rising, destroy all humans, doom 3, dragon age origins (ohgren), fallout new vegas, god of war, guild wars, halo 3 (brutes), halo reach, lego batman (as almost all the villains), mafia 2, mass effect 2 (grunt, wilson, shadow broker), metro 2033, mortal kombat, neverwinter nights, protoype, psychonauts, quake 4, rage, saints row 3 (as the frickin ZOMBIE), a shitload of star wars games and a whole lot more. It's insane.
Oh and those were just games. He does voices for a bunch of other things too.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Vault101 said:
I also have a sneaking suspicion a few of the Assari from ME3 are "the boss" from saints row 3
Female voice 1? Yeah, that's Laura Bailey. Coincidentally, any game with Laura Bailey in it instantly has a redeeming factor even if it is awful simply because of Laura Bailey.

Also, Shinobu from No More Heroes series? Yeah, that's Ashley.

I also really fuckin' love Liam O'Brien. That man can do angry, growly, suave, posh, whatever. I would go so gay for his voice.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Vault101 said:
I also have a sneaking suspicion a few of the Assari from ME3 are "the boss" from saints row 3
Female voice 1? Yeah, that's Laura Bailey. Coincidentally, any game with Laura Bailey in it instantly has a redeeming factor even if it is awful simply because of Laura Bailey.

I also really fuckin' love Liam O'Brien. That man can do angry, growly, suave, posh, whatever. I would go so gay for his voice.
yep! thats the one

specifically it was...I think an assari on thessia, a comander or somthing

ashley was also oracle in Batman Arkham asylum...not in Arkam city though

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S CLAUDIA BLACK WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in every Bioware game ever)

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
Halo ODST was made entirely of cast members from Firefly and Battlestar Galactica.
Ninja'd. If anyone didn't know that, this is who played who:
Sergeant Buck - Nathan Fillion
Dutch - Adam Baldwin (Also played Kal'Reegar)
Mickey - Alan Tudyk
Dare - Tricia Helfer
And, of course, they had to throw Nolan North in there somewhere, so he plays Romeo.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
For me, it would have to be finding out that Loghain (DA:O) is voiced by Simon Templeman, most known for his role as Kain in the Legacy of Kain franchise. It made me like his character all the more when I imagined him saying 'Vae Victis' after a victory.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Vault101 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Vault101 said:

yep! thats the one

Yeah, I remember now, the one that Javik mindfucks. Also just some of the random asari and all of the MP asari characters.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
heh you just have to look at Planescape Torment, insanely good voice cast for that.

Won't list them all but:

Tony Jay
Sheena Easton
John De Lancie
Jennifer Hale
Mitch Pileggi

and the list goes on.

ColeusRattus

Apr 16, 2009
Well, I was surprised when I played Dragon Age: Origins and Uncharted 2 back to back

Chloe Frazer/Morrigan voiced by Claudia Black
Harry Flynn/Alistair voiced by Steve Valentine

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
TopazFusion said:

He is a god of video game voice acting.

Also I gotta mention I was amazed that the voice actress for Ashley Williams in Mass Effect is also the voice of Oracle in the Batman Arkham games.
I never would have picked up on that were it not for IMBD.

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Vault101 said:
hazabaza1 said:
Vault101 said:

yep! thats the one

Yeah, I remember now, the one that Javik mindfucks. Also just some of the random asari and all of the MP asari characters.
Yea, from what I remember she voiced one of the asari in the helicopter-like thingies that got shot down by Reaper forces, as well as that commander. Also, I just saw on wiki that she apparently voiced Oriana Lawson, which came as a bit of a surprise to me. Anyway, I agree that she's an awesome voice actress.

Others that I recognize are Jennifer Hale(of course), Jo Wyatt(DA2, TOR, ME3), Raphael Sbarge. Of course, all from of Bioware fame(or at least that's where I've heard their voices), with the exception of Laura Bailey, who I first heard in SR3.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Yeah the MGS games have a lot of voice actors I recognize..

I was shocked when I found out Johnny Yong Bosch does voice acting for games o_O

Yeah, him.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Vrex360 said:
TopazFusion said:

He is a god of video game voice acting.

Also I gotta mention I was amazed that the voice actress for Ashley Williams in Mass Effect is also the voice of Oracle in the Batman Arkham games.
I never would have picked up on that were it not for IMBD.
My 11 year old cousin is good at picking these kind of things up, he noticed the Ashley-Oracle similarity and I never even noticed

Faux Furry

Apr 19, 2011
When I played Fallout: New Vegas, I couldn't help but notice that the winner of the Lottery sounds exactly like the winner of a whole other kind of lottery, more of a reincarnation-based one, Gig from Soul Nomad and the World Eaters and then again when I played the Gangstas in Space mission pack for Saint's Row the Third where Gig has apparently been reborn as an Asian-American film director.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
I watch a lot of cartoons and given that the industry is so small I get this a lot. Game wise it only really happened when I found out Grey Dilise and John Dimaggio were in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Hearing Azula flirt with my character was weird. Thoroughly enjoyable, but weird.