Oh my God, you stole my face!

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I'm fairly possesive of mine simply because it's a picture I took of my car when I owned it for less than 24 hours. However, if I really didn't want anyone else using it I wouldn't have slapped it on a public forum.

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
Well, I half made my Avatar, so I'd be quite surprised to see this one used by someone else. My prior Avatar was quite common [one of the Escapist's stock Avatars] and I didn't much mind.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
I'm the only person with this avatar that I've seen, but I have seen other people with the un-edited version of it.

Also,
Corum1134 said:
FargoDog said:
Nope. Members of the publishers club are able to use bigger files for their avatars. I can't remember specifics, but someone who isn't in PC couldn't simply copy and paste as they are limited to a certain size of file.
Aylaine said:
Someone would definitely notice. :)
Done and done. It's the same pic. Maybe not the same size but it is the same pic.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
I got mine off the internet. It goes good with my name.

Never seen anyone use it too, and I wouldn't want someone to steal it.

Although I could just google a new pic if someone stole this one.

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Well, I'd prefer it if I could keep mine to myself. I'm also the only one I've seen use it in the entire internet, and it seems that on this site, if there is a duplicate, and the people involved have a shred of decency in them, the newcomer will change his, as someone had it before him.
If I did see someone using the same avatar as me, I might be a bit split between annoyance that someone might mistake me for him (as usually people are recognized by their avatar), and satisfaction that someone else is representing good old Harold.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Some New Kid Used My Avatar For A While. I Actually Was A Bit Upset. : (

(SNKUAFAW. IAWABU)
[sub]that looks like a sentence in Swahili :p[/sub]

But I think he changed it. Anyway it's not that much of a bother, it's just that The Joker is a perfect representation of me and if someone else also thinks that they're the Joker, go ahead and use it. (But maybe a different Joker? plz?)

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Sassafrass said:
Well, seeing as my avatar was custom made for me (Furburt did the main moving part, TheNumber1Zero added all the symbols to it) I'd be a bit annoyed if someone started to use it. even as they might not known what the symbols actually mean.

I do remember a time back when I had Cox punching Kelso and someone used it. A few members did give him a blast for stealing it. But he soon changed it for something else. Which was good, as I didn't have to kill him then.

So yes, it has happened to me, yes I do feel the same but only if it's a gif made for me and no comment.
I remember that. Felt great defending someones property.

Iznat

Feb 13, 2010
Mines just Dat Ass, which I actually stole from a friend on a different forum.
I wouldn't mind, but there are many of the little yellow faces.

This one is just the best.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I chose the ninja avatar during the genre wars on the escapist. Now I like ninjas, and this one looks cool, so I just stuck with it.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Well, I've seen someone on these forums use the same pic, but it looked like someone had fed the texture resolution and the colors to an angry woodchipper. So no, I haven't seen anyone use an exact copy of my avatar.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
Sassafrass said:
...as they might not known what the symbols actually mean.
What does those symbols actually mean? I've always wondered..

OT: I haven't seen anyone with the waving Gin yet and I kinda look at it as one of my trademarks.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Nobody dares to steal my Noseybonk power.. For if they did, the universe would implode upon itself from the horror that it would produce.

So yeah, don't swipe my nightmares, kiddies!

But no, I'm really not too overprotective of my icons. Unless they were made by me, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else using them.

That's why I have yet to use my Briatoad avatar here.

DarkWolf901

Mar 10, 2009
I'd be pretty surprised if someone used my avatar. I mean, It's my cat, and I used gimp to put airplane wings on him. I don't think I'd be particularly upset though.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
It would be odd to see someone else with my avatar, and I would admittedly be a bit annoyed, but it's not as though I created the image. But I never change my avatar, either, because I consider it part of my online identity.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Deadlock Radium said:
Sassafrass said:
...as they might not known what the symbols actually mean.
What does those symbols actually mean? I've always wondered..
The E is the Escapist E, the circle with the cross through it is for my group [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/P-R-I-A-T-E] and the pineapple is just a pineapple.

YOU SHALL WORSHIP THE PINEAPPLE! *Ahem* Sorry, my pineappley overlords demand I yell that at least once a day.
Gets me weird looks in the street. No idea why though. Hmm.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I met some people who got angry at me for taking it and ive met some people who lent it out to me. Any one can take mine thought its on the internet.

EDIT:
Lord_Panzer said:
I'm the only person with this avatar that I've seen, but I have seen other people with the un-edited version of it.

Also,
Corum1134 said:
FargoDog said:
Nope. Members of the publishers club are able to use bigger files for their avatars. I can't remember specifics, but someone who isn't in PC couldn't simply copy and paste as they are limited to a certain size of file.
Aylaine said:
Someone would definitely notice. :)
Done and done. It's the same pic. Maybe not the same size but it is the same pic.
That makes me laugh. Is it okay for me to use that as my avatar?