OH NO, the developer of your favorite game is trying to take over the world!

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Gas Powered Games? That's actually pretty shocking, but I suppose if they're desperate enough to publish through Squaresoft, they're desperate enough to grab an ACU and conquer us all.
Speaking of said ACU... we're fucked. There's seriously nothing we can do against that. I'll welcome my new overlords and ask for a Support ACU to call my own.

personaitor

Aug 25, 2010
With the blessings of the Emperor, and the might of SPHESS MAHREENS, Relic shall have global domination.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
Does that mean I can get my hands on a Demon Summoning Program?

Kick ass!

Well, actually, the world would probably go to hell (literally) pretty fast after getting one of those. But who cares? DEMONS! :D

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Sigh... Valve, your sales weren't enough, were they? I knew it wasn't that much time before this happened, but... spawning THAT many Australians... I don't think any military force can stop you.
Oh well. Looks like another Steam Sale is up. Guess it looks like a good time to join the new bureaucracy.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
The_Lost_King said:
Either Oh shit Reapers and Heretics RUN!!!!!!
or maybe Oh shit Darkspawn RUN!!!!!
possibly Oh Shit Deathclaws RUN!!!!!!
Close. Unknown plague sweeping the city. The healers can do nothing against it. LETS SEND AN UNPROVEN ADVENTURER'S SCHOOL STUDENT TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

OT: Hmm...does this mean I get to be a keyblade master? If so, yay! If not, aww...I'll be a heartless within a day probably :(

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
It was formed by two companies specializing in fantasy games...How is it that nobody knew they had actual magics. That, the very same spells featured in their games would be actual tools of conquest. How did we not know that squarenix had magic?

Sablestick

Jul 18, 2011
So Epic returned to being Epic megagames and unleashed Xargon upon the Earth. Ok then. I'll only support them if they also create a real life unreal tournament where all the convicts get sent into and go back to making epic DOS games instead of Gears of War.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Age of Empires is still one of my favorite games. Still play AoE 3, game holds up all these years later.
So who is taking over the world for you?
Microsoft and Ensemble studios.
How are they doing it?
By making millions of skirmishers and using natives... Ohhhh god...why!
How surprised are you about this?
Not even surprised. Once Jobs died we were left defenseless.
And if they succeed will you accept your new overlords?
Of coarse. Always been a Microsoft man. Don't know to much about Ensemble though, guess that would all change wouldn't it?

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Terminate421 said:
Theoretically they do have the rights. If they want to do a Halo project, they just have to give Microsoft the heads up and they can do it, seeing as how they've had a solid track record and have not made one single bad game with it ever. (Plus they created it) It would make sense for Microsoft to say "Go do what you want!" with it.
Very true, though I think one of the reasons why I respect Bungie as a developer is because they always seemed to be up-front about what they were going to do, barring teasing new games, and the fact that they said, "No. Reach is the last Halo that we will make, and Halo 3 is the end of our involvement with Master Chief.", and stood by it, makes me feel that they deserve massive props. That, and their involvement with their fanbase.

Still, I suppose my discomfort at the idea of Halo 4 being made by Microsoft and 343 instead of Bungie is rather irrational.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Sucker Punch taking over the world?

Huzzah!

Jak, Daxter, and Cole can take over and I'm totally fine with it.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Texas Joker 52 said:
Terminate421 said:
Theoretically they do have the rights. If they want to do a Halo project, they just have to give Microsoft the heads up and they can do it, seeing as how they've had a solid track record and have not made one single bad game with it ever. (Plus they created it) It would make sense for Microsoft to say "Go do what you want!" with it.
Very true, though I think one of the reasons why I respect Bungie as a developer is because they always seemed to be up-front about what they were going to do, barring teasing new games, and the fact that they said, "No. Reach is the last Halo that we will make, and Halo 3 is the end of our involvement with Master Chief.", and stood by it, makes me feel that they deserve massive props. That, and their involvement with their fanbase.

Still, I suppose my discomfort at the idea of Halo 4 being made by Microsoft and 343 instead of Bungie is rather irrational.
Well they never confirmed that they were done forever with the franchise. For all we know they could come back in like 10 years, maybe even 15.

Though yes they are an adamant group of people at times. Though I love them alot for looking for weak and strength points at their fans and previous games. Even if you don't like the Halo games, you HAVE to like Bungie, they are good people, and they're the definition of fun in video game making.

Hell, its a dream of mine that when I work in the industry (I use when in a 50/50 way) that I get to work for them!

NeoShinGundam

May 2, 2009
I welcome Capcom as our new overlords, because then THIS is what a typical day at the office would look like:

Darh Abdomino

Sep 20, 2010
Bioware
By putting everyone into the Matrix and making intricate storylines that seem similar to everyone else outside of it, but it is TOTALLY UNIQUE. You also get to punch/kill the annoying NPCs (or noobs, if you get into the PvP servers) with no repercussions, and get to be a complete badass.
Honestly, if they ran for president, I'd vote for them, but I would be mildly bemused at their conquest.
Oh GOD yes. Maybe if I help them, I get to kill the guy who made the last ME book.

Apr 28, 2008
Princess Trollestia said:
They have a giant slingshot, so of course they achieve world domination.
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Bungi has been at that for a while,
Team Garry? Good luck with that. They can barley even handle the pirates! But when they can get some of them, it's always in a hilarious/troll manner.
Terminate421 said:
Bungie already had plans. Let them take over the world.
Texas Joker 52 said:
Ah, wonderful Bungie and your Seven Steps to World Domination. God knows I can't wait to see that giant slingshot throwing people into the sun.

And so it begins...

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
"Oh no?"

I think you are confused, I'd join in. Oh yes! Is the term I would use.

How would they do it? Christ I have no clue. Whoever they are (I can't pick a favorite) it's bound to be very explody at least.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
nuba km said:
OH NO, the developer of your favorite game is trying to take over the world! Not only that but they are also doing in a way that has to do with your favorite game.
So Squaresoft and Konami have a giant floating city where they process and eat the lower classes and are oppressing the world with drugged up Mecha pilots? Huh. Well, I think it's time to say 'sign me up' and join Gebler (the aforementioned drugged up Mecha pilots).

I'm pretty sure the whole world conquest thing would go pretty well... at least until Krelian's sudden but inevitable betrayal.