OH NO! you just died!

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
Limbo. While he's busy mocking me, I sic my pet hamster Mr. Snuggles on him, making him freak out and knock the pole down.

In reality, I have no idea. Probably some kind of stupid/silly thing that I can't lose (such as Moderated's brilliant example) or a game of Magic the Gathering if I get to use my own deck.

A nice turn three victory would get me back to the land of the living and in high spirits as well!

Childe

Jun 20, 2012
Copper Zen said:
I'd challenge him to The Ultimate Game of course.

[footnote]Psst!!! The best campaigns NEVER end![/footnote]

Whered you get the comic lol.

OT: I dunno I think i would stall or maybe tic tac toe

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Ljs1121 said:
Limbo. While he's busy mocking me, I sic my pet hamster Mr. Snuggles on him, making him freak out and knock the pole down.
I'm glad someone finally made that reference
OT: Probably New Super Mario Bros sped run seeing as I've memorized every secret in that game and am fairly certain I could beat death since he won't be able to use the touch screen to use items on the count that touch screans don't work with bones.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
Childe said:
Copper Zen said:
I'd challenge him to The Ultimate Game of course.

[footnote]Psst!!! The best campaigns NEVER end![/footnote]

Whered you get the comic lol.

OT: I dunno I think i would stall or maybe tic tac toe
It's from xkcd

Here's a link to the xkcd xkcd's Archive [http://xkcd.com/archive/]

OT: Tic Tac Toe is popular with posters, it seems.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Similar to someone's suggestion above, I'd play quarters, with woodchucks as drink of choice.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
The Grim Reaper you get is based on your mindset/perceptions, right?
So mine will be Death from Neil Gaiman's Vertigo series Sandman.
And just Death & I are playing right?
So I choose Spin the Bottle.
*Win* *Win* *Win*

hiddenchimera

Jul 21, 2009
I don't have the requisite parts for this, but if I did...

Wet T-shirt Contest.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0718.html (check the last panel)

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
A game of DOTA 2. On the Russian server. And I get either Centaur Warruner or Anti-Mage. There's no hope for him. Just like there is no hope for all of us who have been there, staring long into and hard into the abyss as it stares back, turning, calling, waiting. And I shall continue to stare, until I find myself within the crux of oblivion.

Or I could just be cheap and say Twister. He's a skeleton. If the dexterity scores for skeletons in video gaming history have not lied to me, and they most likely have, he has no chance at victory.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
i'd love to hang out with him and play some games if he wanted, but i wouldn't want to wager anything. just chill. as for what game specifically; his choice. i played whatever i wanted my whole life. he probably doesn't get to choose what he plays too often. it wouldn't be fair to to him if i chose what we played.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
ItsAChiaotzu said:
Sunrider84 said:
Either a drum duel or a spelling contest. I'd let him choose, I'm confident in both fields.
A drummer that's able to spell? I smell shenanigans.

Kidding.

Anyway, rock off, obviously.
Well, to be able to be good at two things so vastly different, I've had to make sacrifices in other areas. I'm useless at almost everything else, so I gotta go with what I have!

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Tetris.

There's no way he would beat me at Tetris because I can play it in my sleep.

Seriously, one time, I was dozing off while having a stack of rows open, dozed off for about 10 seconds and when I woke up, all the rows were done. Luck? I think not: tis' sleep gaming amigos.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Traditional answer: Chess, because The Seventh Seal is one of my favourite movies of all time.

Wacky/zany/silly answer: M:tG Unlimited blind booster draft. Swiss style tournament. With other mythical sentient beings.

Serinanth

Apr 29, 2009
torno said:
Mortal Kombat.
As Scorpion.
Round 1, FIGHT.
Toasty!!

Futurama trivia for myself I think, but again the OP got it pretty good, Calvinball used to be a staple in my neighborhod back in the day.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Eh I'd just tell the Reaper to go on a vacation for a couple of days while I handle the reaping business...should be grateful enough to let me go, and I switch in every few decades, until I get bored of life and say "Well, it's time I suppose."

Alternatively, I'd hire an obstructive bureaucrat and play the "You must fill all the forms properly game." There's a short story I read one day about a bureaucrat that sent Death weeping and giving up on ever trying to get him to come with her (First night, he wanted to see some ID because "How do I know you're really Death, God's reaper, if you can't show me some ID?" It only got worse for the poor skeleton from then on).