"Ok, Boomer"

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
[tweet t="https://twitter.com/JoshGerben/status/1196421220448841728"]

LOL Try as you might, that won't stop the Internet from keep using "OK Boomer" to dismiss the old attitudes that belittle legitimate concerns (and as a shorthand for "old man yells at cloud").

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
CaitSeith said:
LOL Try as you might, that won't stop the Internet from keep using "OK Boomer" to dismiss the old attitudes that belittle legitimate concerns (and as a shorthand for "old man yells at cloud").
Back to 'Fuck off Grandad' it is then.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
evilthecat said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Well as point of fact, the tribunal said they couldn't, and then the supreme court agreed. Though she says she'll appeal again.
Are you suggesting that in order to act "reasonably", a person has to know the outcome of an event, for example a court case, before it actually happens? Because that's a rare skill. In fact, it's a non-existent skill.

There's also a detail you left out, which is weird because again I specifically mentioned it previously in regard to the ruling made in the tribunal, which is that said ruling was made after the neighbours had made efforts to address some of the complaints made, and that their doing so was specifically acknowledged as a factor in the outcome.

How many times are these goalposts going to move? Because I can't help but notice that we're down to the question of whether or not an individual woman was justified in believing her individual neighbours had breached residential laws, and no part of me is capable of understanding why it's in any way "reasonable" for you to care.
That's something I brought up first to point out just how unreasonable she is, but you ignored it then. Yes, some people tried to what she asked and she sued them anyway, that's why she's unreasonable. She didn't want her problems addressed, she just wanted to sue her neighbors. If it seems like I have little sympathy for her, that's why. She's socially maladjusted by all appearances and lashes out at those around her.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Baffle2 said:
CaitSeith said:
That wouldn't fly that well at the Parliament tho...

Yep! That's the video version of the OP's citation.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
CaitSeith said:
Baffle2 said:
CaitSeith said:

You're right, 'Fuck off Grandad' has one syllable too many to work in that situation.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
CaitSeith said:
Baffle2 said:
CaitSeith said:

Could just tone it down to "Sod off, Grandad" or "Bugger off, Grandad"