Ok... did I fall into another Escapist Troll Button?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Fappy said:
Lightknight said:
Fappy said:
Zhukov said:
I hope this is a friendly parting shot from the tech crew that got the sack.

For an April Fools stunt this would be obnoxious, but I'm not going to begrudge people who lost their jobs a bit of fun.
Nah, this wasn't planned for April Fools. I think it has to do with a button they made.
But I did not click a button. I'm very familiar with buttons. One in particular under my Avatar taught me the most valuable lesson of all, baby now.
I think they pushed the button in this case XD
Probably not as cool and awesome as when Above and Beyond "Push the Button". Though maybe it is, I would expect a light show to go along with their button pushing.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Give me ads, lock the Pub forum, but please let me keep the title and avatar space.

Cati

😏
Sep 4, 2014
Whew, I'd been wondering if sommat had been slipped in my tea.

Don't think I've ever been on a site where the web dev/tech team were so fun until posting here :)

:(

ffronw said:
The directors of the firm hired to continue the forums after the other people had been sacked, wish it to be known that they have just been sacked.

The forums have been completed in an entirely different style at great expense and at the last minute.

/python

Note: This should be fixed now.
Given the circumstances maybe I shouldn't have, but I legit laughed out loud at this, well played. <3 holy grail.

AccursedTheory said:
ThyNameIsMud said:
MC1980 said:
Why am I suddenly a Premium Member? Didn't do anything but load the site after that color ballyhoo.
Weird, we'll take a look at that on Monday.
Whee! Free forum title until Monday!
Just a hunch, but something tells me Monday ain't gonna come...

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
Well this an amusing little bug/trick/prank/thing.

Shame to see so many awesome people are getting laid off though...

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
lol sorry but can we address that NewClassic received a warning?

I mean how does that even work, did he sigh at the report request before dejectedly punishing himself?

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
Josh123914 said:

I mean how does that even work, did he sigh at the report request before dejectedly punishing himself?
Sorry, that was me.

I misfired.

Will probably ask someone to fix that on "Monday"

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
IceForce said:
Revnak said:
JoJo said:
IceForce got in there.
Clearly Kross hates me in particular.
Try logging off and logging back in. That's what I did. I think forum access might be tied to your current login session.
Tried it, didn't work out for me.
But after relogging in, the site finally got back into shape. It bothered me that some of the elements were always fucked up, but now it actually doesn't look like shit. Everything fits nicely. No more big chunks of white space.

I wish it worked for me so that I can enjoy stuff until this mythical "Monday" that will fix everything.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
NiPah said:
Now that's an interesting message:
Mine said: "A bird in the hand will probably shit on you out of sheer terror."

I love this place. XD

Can I keep the title thingy a bit longer, please? I hope that sometime, somewhere we see the likes of Kross and ThyNameIsMud again. They were pretty cool people. They didn't deserve to get sacked like that, IMHO.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Could be worse.

On my end almost everyone got the default avatar. And what looks like the subscription thing.

if this is a april fools joke it's really lame and needs to stop.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
sky14kemea said:
Josh123914 said:

Sorry, that was me.

I misfired.

Will probably ask someone to fix that on "Monday"
Careful now, I'm tempted to make OC about this

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
Poetic Nova said:
Could be worse.

On my end almost everyone got the default avatar. And what looks like the subscription thing.

Publisher's Club has larger avatars, both in resolution and filesize limit. Anyone with a Pub Club access needs to upload their avatars again to suit the bigger things. It's because they're hosted in separate spaces. If / When people lose Pub Club, they'll snap back to their old avatars.

But give it a few days. As soon as people realize they need to reupload their avatars, they'll start reappearing with spiffier versions of their old works.

And subscription means HD videos and no ads. This is a good thing.

Josh123914 said:
sky14kemea said:
Josh123914 said:
Sorry, that was me.

I misfired.
Careful now, I'm tempted to make OC about this
No worries, I probably deserved that.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
NewClassic said:
Poetic Nova said:
Could be worse.

Publisher's Club has larger avatars, both in resolution and filesize limit. Anyone with a Pub Club access needs to upload their avatars again to suit the bigger things. It's because they're hosted in separate spaces. If / When people lose Pub Club, they'll snap back to their old avatars.

But give it a few days. As soon as people realize they need to reupload their avatars, they'll start reappearing with spiffier versions of their old works.

And subscription means HD videos and no ads. This is a good thing.
Tried reuploading my old one, but it doesn't seem to actually work. It uploads fine, site even stats that it iwll take a few minutes to update everywhere but it doesn't show up at all.

Edit:
I'm not even gettng the pub-club benefits.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Kross and Mud gone? Is that an early April Fools joke in of itself? And where do I go to get a disco forum because it looks like the switch was flipped again and I want my Hotline Miami Escapist.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
Poetic Nova said:
Tried reuploading my old one, but it doesn't seem to actually work. It uploads fine, site even stats that it iwll take a few minutes to update everywhere but it doesn't show up at all.

Edit:
Try logging out and logging back in. Cache isn't instant to update.

LegendaryGamer0 said:
Kross and Mud gone? Is that an early April Fools joke in of itself? And where do I go to get a disco forum because it looks like the switch was flipped again and I want my Hotline Miami Escapist.
Find any post from a Tech Team member, and poke the Tech badge. You'll find the disco you seek there.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
NewClassic said:
Find any post from a Tech Team member, and poke the Tech badge. You'll find the disco you seek there.
Thank you for that and now I feel like I'm back on the 90s internet.

I regret nothing.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
NewClassic said:
Poetic Nova said:

Edit:
Try logging out and logging back in. Cache isn't instant to update.
Seems to work now. Thank you for your help. And apologies for my behavior since I've been jumping to conclusions.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
NewClassic said:
Didn't they say this whole this is going to revert in a few days anyway? (Or is the 'Monday' thing a joke that I missed?)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
IceForce said:
NewClassic said:
Didn't they say this whole this is going to revert in a few days anyway? (Or is the 'Monday' thing a joke that I missed?)
That was Mud, one of the people who got the sack. He presumably won't be coming in to work on Monday.

So yeah, pretty sure it was a joke. Unless they set it the shenanigans to automatically end on Monday.