Okami HD Release Date Revealed

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Capcom has revealed that Okami HD will hit the Playstation Network on October 30th, for the price of $19.99 USD and presumably your regional conversion (hopefully, at least, I don't know).

It comes complete with Move support, I guess for the people who wanted the complete experience of the Wii version but never had a Wii, and is supposedly upscaled to a 1080p resolution.

It will be Playstation exclusive from everything that has been revealed so far, but those Xbox guys never want to share their toys anyway so why should they have fun too? :D

Sources: IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/20/okami-hds-playstation-3-release-date-revealed]; Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/20/okami-hd-draws-near-with-october-30-release-date/]

Thoughts? I'll be picking it up on release even though I still have my PS2 copy and it still works beautifully. I'm very excited for this. :D

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I never played the original so I'll be definitely picking this up. It'll be good to finally play it :D

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
I Don't really care I wouldn't get it even if it was on the xbox 360. It's meh.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
*SQUEEEEEEE*

I was waiting to hear when this will come out, and I can't wait to play it again. I know I won't be using the Move, or buying it for that matter, for it, but who cares? It's Okami! :D

[sub]*SQUEEEEEEE*[/sub]

shrekfan246

May 26, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Damn you console exclusives!
Why must you be on console I not haz?
Should've gotten a PS3!

Then you could enjoy such games as inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance, Uncharted, Journey, God of War and now Okami HD. :D

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
As much as I love Okami I don't trust Capcom with upscales after DMC HD where they forgot to do half the cutscenes. Also I don't buy digital, I like to own my games.

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
Haven't played it before. I will remedy that.

This is a pretty large game, is it not? Because I saw someone on Destructoid bitching about the $20 price point.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Huh just as I was considering picking it up. Always been meaning to get around to playing that.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Should've gotten a PS3!

Then you could enjoy such games as inFamous, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance, Uncharted, Journey, God of War and now Okami HD. :D
But PC gamers can already play it in HD [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMLeETx4O0] :O.

shrekfan246

May 26, 2011
yuval152 said:
shrekfan246 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Should've gotten a PS3!

But PC gamers can already play it in HD [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMLeETx4O0] :O.
Oh, I play my PS2 copy on my PC whenever I get the itch, but using Hardware mode (the only way to actually upscale the resolution) removes all of the post-processing effects that will (hopefully) be present in this re-release. It still looks absolutely gorgeous, to be sure, and most people would say I'm frivolously spending money when I still have a working PS2 and a working copy of the PS2 version and a PC that can run the PS2 copy on an emulator. But I respond that it's Okami and it's worth it, especially for twenty bucks.

Funny (in that schadenfreude kind of way) that they're not releasing it for Xbox though, considering that it can be played on a PC and was released for the PS2 and Wii.