Okay Google Chrome, you win! Now please stop making me hit the refresh button!

NeonOranges

Jan 16, 2011
I recently switched to Google Chrome from Internet Explorer and the honeymoon phase is over? in fact it?s not just over, the honeymoon phase is now a physical entity that takes the shape of a clown who screams into my ear every fifteen minutes or so and is on fire. It?s fast, I like that, it let me transfer my favs over so I didn?t have to do it myself, I liked that to.

What I don?t like is that I am now stuck pressing the refresh button with a speed and frequency that has left a groove in the left click of my mouse. Does anyone know why this happens? Because I do like the browser and I was wondering if anyone else has been having similar issues?

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
What, pages not loading instantly with Chrome? I have it a many times on a different computer, but that computer's slow as shit, the page I open is one that's under constant traffic, and it's on a different operating system than the one I normally use altogether.

So it's up in the air if you think it's Chrome's fault.

And I'm using Firefox on this computer because I don't need Chrome's fast speed anymore.

Fluffythepoo

Sep 29, 2011
Ive had flash troubles with chrome on computers running windows 7, but i use chrome, safari, and iexplorer so when one has a bug (that isnt my fault) i usually just phase it out of the trio for awhile till its fixed... but if you get a new modem recently its the firewall's fault proly

NeonOranges

Jan 16, 2011
It isn't something that happens rarely, I've gotten so used to Google Chrome's 'Reload this webpage' screen that it has replaced the faces of several minor family members in my recent memory.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Try wearing out your f5 key instead? That is all I can offer other than to switch to Firefox, which is slow, bloated and chews through memory, but is the most reliable browser I know..

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
Try Chromium [http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2169] or Iron. [http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1459] Chrome without the privacy issues. 'course you could also try Opera [http://www.opera.com/], which is way better. ;)

DracoSuave

Jan 26, 2009
NeonOranges said:
It isn't something that happens rarely, I've gotten so used to Google Chrome's 'Reload this webpage' screen that it has replaced the faces of several minor family members in my recent memory.
There are many possible errors involved here that saying it's Chrome doesn't really hold water unless you relate what the error is, or it works perfectly well on a different browser at the same time.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
NeonOranges said:
Do you have any extensions installed? It's likely an issue more with them than Chrome itself. (Well, that or your HD is dying and causing it's caching to keep failing) I've never seen this problem myself, the only issue I've ever had with Chrome is Flash dying periodically, and that's only on my Linux box because the Flash support is still a little shady in Ubuntu.

Mestraal

Jan 18, 2010
Ahaha I never got on with Chrome, to be honest. Although I never had a problem with it loading pages or having to beat my head against the keyboard to make it do so. So...no idea. But as previously stated, could be many things OTHER than Chrome. Computers are such finicky little bastards.

[Is still using IE and is universally mocked for doing so]

rmb073

Nov 14, 2011
Firefox has never let me down. I've tried Chrome, but it was always slower/refusing to work. Try disabling any extensions/plugins you have in Chrome and see if that helps.
There's always the alternative of a new browser.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I've never had a problem with Chrome's connection speed, personally. The only time I've ever seen the reload page screen is when the university Internet went down last week.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Just found Iron. I'd advise switching to that. If you like Google Chrome. It doesn't send random information to Google and it helps with some "annoyances".

EDIT: Now that I think about, It was probably that post above that told me where to find it.
Call me retarded if you require.

cowman2000 said:
Opera is the best. Just saying.
I used to use Opera, but a lot of pages I use could never get displayed correctly. Their ACID-II Spoof is horseshit if you can't open something designed for the atrocious FF.

Other than that, I loved the shit out of it!

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Chrome is fine for me and I have a terrible laptop. Also even if it doesn't load everything its still better then IE.