Okay guys we need some happiness.

EBonhawk09

Nov 1, 2010
The Virgo said:
What's the point of posting all of this "cheery", funny shit? To cover your eyes to the fact that the world, once again, seems to be turning to shit? You know, a long time ago, people actually had to buckle up and acknowledge that things were shit.

Therefore, to remind you guys that you cannot hide behind funny YouTube videos of My Little Pony, I will leave you with a video from the associated press about a young girl dying of cancer whose only wish was to hug her daddy as she died ... but her dad is in prison and the warden won't let him be there.

You know something, I'm probably going to get a warning for this post, but goddamn it's worth it just to remind a few people that the world was never supposed to be butterflies and shit like that. Life sucks. Deal with it, don't hide from it. Doing so will make you a better person. And besides, why try and find happiness here? If you can't find any happiness in your normal life, then the internet isn't going to help you find it.

You can thank me later.
No one is trying to hide from the fact that the world is shit right now. We're just simply trying to find some humor to brighten the mood, if only for a few minutes. There's no harm in that.

Also:

Cracks me up everytime!

Euphbug

Mar 31, 2009
thatguy1 said:

It's all about perspective.
I'm sad that this is the first time I have seen this vid. This made my day good sir and I thank you for it.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
phatty500 said:
Ok life sucks. If i remember correctly the OP perfectly acknowledged that. So whats your point. If that girl had gotten to see her dad would you have burst in and been like "do you have any idea how bad things are in Libya!!! everyone should be a miserably fuck like me so heres a video of police brutality. I dont see why people shouldnt be allowed to have an escape from they're problems if only for a little while.
Escape is denial. If you deny you or the world has problems, those problems are only going to get worse. I mean, if people should go that rout, then dam workers should just ignore the fact that the dam is starting to burst so they don't have to deal with it ... or rescue workers should just stay at home so they don't have to deal with death.

You may as well just say it ... you're almost there anyway.

Z of the Na said:
What a cheery person you are. You must be great with children. I am quite confident and serious when I say that you are the first person on the Escapist that I have ever felt sorry for. To say "pessimistic" would be underestimating just the kind of mindset you possess.

Sad. Like you!
I actually don't like children because they are too preoccupied with bullshit like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Fuck them and Santa Claus.

I also don't want any kind of fucking sympathy. Ooh, somebody feels sorry for me because I have the balls to admit that life is pointless. You know what? I admit it and I carry on. You don't see me crying over some other person here, which is what you are doing.

It helps to have a life, you know.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
EBonhawk09 said:
No one is trying to hide from the fact that the world is shit right now. We're just simply trying to find some humor to brighten the mood, if only for a few minutes. There's no harm in that.
You think THIS is bad? Ha! The bubonic plague wiped out most of Europe. If you lived back then, chances are at least one person you knew died. Or what about the Indians? Forced to leave the land they had lived on since time began to trudge miles and miles, dying in the snow, to be put on a reservation so that the white man could have it.

You think these times are bad? No, they aren't ... they're just more televised. I remember Roger Waters saying in the commentary of "The Wall" that he had read that there actually weren't any more pedophiles now than there were many years ago (back when he was growing up), it's just that, thanks to the media, we're more aware of them.

Same thing here.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The Virgo said:
You know something, I'm probably going to get a warning for this post, but goddamn it's worth it just to remind a few people that the world was never supposed to be butterflies and shit like that. Life sucks.
Life doesn't suck, it is all butterflies and stuff...mostly.

My dad just missed possible conscription and a trip to Vietnam, and grew up in a world where a sudden dose on Soviet instant sunrise was a very real possibility.

My grandfather fought to protect my nation from the Japanese[footnote]It's now known they weren't planning an actual invasion, "merely" going to occupy parts further north and blockading and bombing further south[/footnote].

Several members of the generation before that didn't have to put up with the Great Depression or flu epidemic due to being killed in the trenches.

Me? Well, sometimes my laptop is a bit slow, and that's really annoying.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
thaluikhain said:
My grandfather fought to protect my nation from the Japanese[footnote]It's now known they weren't planning an actual invasion, "merely" going to occupy parts further north and blockading and bombing further south.
Really? I had a great uncle who fought against Japan. He was captured and castrated. Yeah, that's right, CASTRATED. As in, they cut his nuts off. And while he was there, he contracted malaria. He died before he was forty.

Trust me on this one, he would have given anything to have been in your grandfather's "invasion".

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Okay, if this video doesn't cheer you up there's something wrong with you.

And a few more just for good measure.

and finally, just for the d'aww factor:

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
The Virgo said:
You think THIS is bad? Ha! The bubonic plague wiped out most of Europe. If you lived back then, chances are at least one person you knew died. Or what about the Indians? Forced to leave the land they had lived on since time began to trudge miles and miles, dying in the snow, to be put on a reservation so that the white man could have it.

You think these times are bad? No, they aren't ... they're just more televised. I remember Roger Waters saying in the commentary of "The Wall" that he had read that there actually weren't any more pedophiles now than there were many years ago (back when he was growing up), it's just that, thanks to the media, we're more aware of them.

Same thing here.
If that's the case, and times aren't that bad, then what's with the pseudo-Nietzche persona?

OT: Figure this is as good a place as any to shamelessly plug my blog, which, ironically enough, is called "Waiting for the Apocalypse".

Example post:
http://waitingfortheapocalypse.blogspot.com/2011/07/im-going-to-call-this-one-net-gain.html

I think it's funny. Statistically speaking, there's probably somebody else on Earth who shares this opinion. You could click on that link right now and find out if that's you, or you could spend the next thirty seconds wondering, "Maybe that gibbering idiot was on to something." Your choice.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
The Virgo said:
Jodah said:
The Virgo said:
Congrats sir, you have won!

And for everyone else who doesn't have a pointy stick up their behind...
If that's what they call realists who have their head on straight, then you can call me that. At least I understand that everything sucks and that life was never meant to be a happy, cheerful experience ... something you guys choose to ignore.
Interesting how you refer to yourself as a realist, and yet you say that life was never meant to be a happy, cheerful experience; implying that it does indeed have a meaning, even if that meaning sucks balls. The reality of the situation is that life has no inherent meaning, only a subjective meaning, one which you've got to either find for yourself, or do without.
You seem to have chosen to ascribe to the idea that life is shit; which means that you, like anyone else, are constantly on the search for anything to bolster your opinion; which means that you are biased in this regard; which means that your head is not on straight, it's tilted in order to make you a negative nancy; which means that nobody here is obligated to accept the truth as you've filtered it; which means that you should probably dismount that high horse you rode in on, because you aren't better than anyone here simply because you're determined to be unhappy; you don't have some brilliant way of thinking that transcends that of everybody else (the plebeian fools, am I right? ohohoho), you're just painting everything black and calling people ignorant for not agreeing with you.
Nobody is ignoring the issues in the world-- a great deal of them were even detailed in the OP. What we are doing, however, is trying to put ourselves in a better mood in spite of it, as opposed to simply succumbing to it and going, "Oh, well that sucks."

TL;DR:
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww

Edit: Ah, on topic, Dave Chappelle. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ3dk6KAvQM]

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
OverweightWhale said:
I love how one person can turn half the thread into an argument.

OT: This always gives me goosebumps.
Yeah, thats why I just gave him the Buzz Killington award and moved on. Some people are just too serious. Which, I suppose, requires me posting this picture:

NellNell

Feb 11, 2011
David Hasselhoff singing? Yes please.

Also this is silly but awesome.

Also this for the extra darning.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
This makes me pretty happy - it's who I share my bed with when my Husband is at work at night.

Also, this is always hilarious,..ALLLLWWWWWWAYS: