Old but gold - what are you playing?

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
You've run out of games, don't feel like playing the new ones or are just in a mood for a good kick straight in the nostalgia.
What is the choice of the well mannered gaming community of the Escapist?

Starting this thread is GTA: Vice City. My current re-re-replay.

Crazy missions.

Awesome characters.

Fucking brilliant soundtrack [http://tinyurl.com/d4kp4ap]

Also it looks bitchin' in 3D.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
It can also boast one of hell of a soundtrack

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Nostalgia? On The Escapist? Preposterous proposition!

I have to say I can't really agree with you on Vice City though. Although I don't have much nostalgia for it I still have some, yet I can't go back to it. It's aged, badly. Or it has in my opinion at least.

My pick would be Pokemon Colosseum. I've been playing that through on-and-off recently. It's a little more tedious than I remember but I'm still having fun.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I'm currently playing through xenosaga episode 1,2 and 3 . The story is amazing , i haven't played 3 yet , but i'm replayig the first two to get back into it . I wannna know how the story ends .

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
I recently played through Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords. Despite having one of the longest names ever, I would still classify it as my favourite game of all time. I know it has flaws, I never said it was perfect just my personal old but favourite game. But you really have to play it with the Restoration Mod, just seeing what it could have been? It's depressing, really, what happened to it.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Due to it's re-release on XBLA (it counts!) JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Along with that I've been shitting myself playing through Condemned again with the "proper conditions" for it.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I literally just finished a playthrough on Bloodlines. Played with CompMod on, I had Ash with me for most of the time, my character was a Nosferatu with lots of hacking and lockpicking, other people did the fighting and the talking for him. I went with the lone wolf ending, because hell yeah!

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I actually just fired up the N64, and I've been going through Banjo-Kazooie and the Legend of Zelda games

AlmostLikeLife

Apr 24, 2009
Demon ID said:
It can also boast one of hell of a soundtrack
This. So many times this. Both TS 2 and FP are games I always come back to. Love 'em.

I'll also play Banjo-Kazooie or Psychonauts whenever I need a great game.

Applejack

Aug 1, 2010
Metroid zero mission. While playing you are magically drenched with the nostalgia of the original metroid while enjoying the perfect control and polish of the later games. I think it would be better than super metroid but the last boss ruins it. Really the last boss is very lame, I was surprised when the game ended because I didn't think a random generic robot was the final boss. Very anti climactic.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Golden Sun
Megaman Battle Network
Final Fantasy
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Does Shanghai Mahjong count if I'm playing it on my iPhone?

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
Currently playing Pharaoh [http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/pharaoh_cleopatra].
Damn, they just don't make games like this anymore.

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
I solved Tales of Symphonia and Eternal Darkness recently, but I'm currently going through The Complete Ultima 7. Picked it up of GoG a while back, the story is still awesome even after all these years. Origin (no, not the EA thing) where doing plot based party members before Bioware were even formed.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Each year I replay Super Mario Bros. 3 just to remind myself on why I play video games, for a challenge that seems unrivaled in any other area of fiction. Why yes, I am a masochist when it comes to difficulty and 100 percent completion.

Moosenukle

Sep 21, 2012
Due to the disappointment that was Diablo III, I had to go back and see why I wanted to play in the first place with the D2 expansion. Sadly for Blizzard, I am having more fun with that than D3.

I also play Oblivion off and on, even though it is hard to play that game with anything other than rose-colored glasses.

Not sure if you can call Warcraft III an oldie yet (more than 10 years old now), but I am having a blast with that and it's expansion. I never did play it without cheats when I was younger, and it is a whole different experience, I must say.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
I play old games all the damn time. They are easy to find and most of the time extremely cheap!

Currently playing: baldurs gate dark alliance 2
- crimson skies
-rogue trooper
and recently discovered last gens spyhunter games. Damn good fun :D

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Currently playing Katamari Damacy, Terranigma, Breath of Fire II, and Timesplitters: Future Perfect. All for the first time. Catching up on some moldy, goldy oldies that I missed the first time around. :p

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011

Good lord this game makes my pants explode with nostalgia juices. The greatest handheld game of...fucking ever.

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
This thread made me realize that I'm overdue for playing through Kirby's Adventure and Super Mario RPG again.

Be back later, have to play through Kirby's Adventure and Super Mario RPG again.