Old games that hold up today

ScumbagEddie

Mar 29, 2011
These are really the first that come to mind...

And I mean both series as a whole, not just the individual games.

Casey Bowen

Jun 26, 2011
[/quote]
Ahhhh there it is. Now I'm one of those few who prefer Terror from the Deep because I can open doors without walking through them, but Xcom is still one of my favorite games to play.

I think JA2 holds up pretty well too, but I'm still looking forward to the reboot.[/quote]

There were so many other things wrong with TFTD that the few improvements didn't make it a better game. Had they not rushed to get it out it probably would have been a sequel that was better than the original. Alas -- Enemy Unknown/ UFO Defense beats it out for me.

The proper way to make a sequel -- Thief II: The Metal Age.

Casey Bowen

Jun 26, 2011
Anthraxus said:
Casey Bowen said:
X-com: UFO Defense.

Still to this day one of the best games I have ever played. Why that experience has never been successfully replicated for me is a huge letdown. None of the sequels (not even TFTD). None of the spiritual successors. Certainly not the new one in production.

I still get readdicted to this game every time I pull it out and boot it up. The strategy of building a team, the tactical combat, the struggle to balance your budget while expanding your presence. Which research path to take and when.

X-Com. Hands down.
Have you ever played Jagged Alliance 2 ?

octafish - You do know the JA2 reboot isn't gonna be turn based right ?

No I never did. Wonder if I'd enjoy it.