Old games that you think need a remake

Rock 'n' Soul

Nov 15, 2009
Since Nintendo are a bunch of lazy bastards, it shouldn't be too much trouble for them to come out with a new and improved Super Mario RPG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_RPG:_Legend_of_the_Seven_Stars

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
The Legacy of Kain, and Thief series. I like them the way they are, and would prefer a new game in those series (Thief IV coming out, yay), but if I had to choose what to remake - it would be those.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
PS1 -

Rival Schools: United by Fate
WarGames: Defcon 1
Colony Wars

N64 -

Star Fox 64

Xbox (if you consider some of these "old") -

Mechassault 1 and 2 (I just wanna see another updated game)
Crimson Skies (Same as above)
Freedom Fighters (Same as above....again!)

munsterman

Nov 22, 2009
The first game I ever owned: Final Fantasy 6.
That or duck hunt, with a special cheat to kill that dog...

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Casual Shinji said:
I guess I'd like to see the first Silent Hill remade with todays graphics.

It'd be a shallow cash-in, but I would be there with bells on.
Aren't they doing just that that though? The new Silent Hill is going back to Harry Mason-- not as a remake but as a "reimagining" of the first story. That's what little I've read, anyway.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
I guess I'd like to see the first Silent Hill remade with todays graphics.

It'd be a shallow cash-in, but I would be there with bells on.
They have just made a re-imagining of Silent hill 1 called Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. It's not exactly like the original, but if you've got a Wii, PS2, or PS2 compatible PS3, I would check it out.

bioshockedcriticjrr

Sep 28, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
Resident evil 2+3, in the same style re1 was remade for the gamecube.
I think they remade those games for the Gamecube as well

Just Pman said:
All of the Mothers (1,2,3) on the DS.
This time, in fucking North America!!!!
yup, couldn't agree with you more

personally I'd like to see remakes of the system shocks, so I could get the experiance without melting my eyeballs out from the lack of graphics prowess

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Mantonio said:
Title says it all really. Which old games do you think could you use a modern day remake? With your answer, include a short description of the game (for the sake of people who might not have played the original).

One I feel could use a remake is Actraiser, for the SNES. In it you play as God (or 'Master' outside of Japan) who has awoken after being sealed away long ago by Satan (or 'Tazran'). In one half of the game you control an angel of yours, flying over one of several lands. You use him to shoot down flying monsters (which include ones that destroy crops; ones that destroy houses and ones that steal people away); cast a variety of weather-based miracles; and tell your people which direction to build in. In the other half of the game, you personally possess a warrior statue, and hack your way through a variety of demonic enemies with a large sword.

What with all the spr srs shooters these days, I feel a remake of this would be fun. The simulation half could be a Black and White style god game with Third Person Shooter elements for the angel, while the other half could a God of War style hack and slash.

Right, that's my ramble done. Now it's your turn: Which games do you want to be redone?
A man after my heart. I love Actraiser. It would make a great remake. I don't think simply remaking a game because "It was good" would make a difference. How great would an Ocarina of time remake be? It would only have better graphics really.
But porting a game like Actraiser into a 3d environment with today's new console capabilities would make it worth doing.
But just for nostalgia sake, I would love a RM of Goldeneye, to play online multiplayer with better controls and bots and such.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
bioshockedcriticjrr said:
Ninjamedic said:
Resident evil 2+3, in the same style re1 was remade for the gamecube.
I think they remade those games for the Gamecube as well
They weren't remade, just ported.

EDIT: Mega man Collection for europe

StrangerQ

Oct 14, 2009
Radu889 said:
Heroes III. (heroes V was far from recreating the charm of the original)
Amen brother...
Tho overall HoMV looks better they just didnt get the something that made me bash HoMIII 6 hours in row once

Edit: I also would love to see every FF before X remade to modern standars

Michailov

Oct 15, 2009
Neverhood.

End of story, possible the most amazing game at that time.

Also, I would like a Castlevania remake in UT3 engine by CAPCOM or someone just to piss the fans off when their hero has the manga haircut and everything has gone right down the drain >=/

Chilango2

Oct 3, 2007
Good call on Actraiser, Mother, and a few of the others.

One game that definitly requires a remake is Pax Imperia, it was a space 4x game, but instead of MOO's turn based combat it had RTS combat. The AI was dodgy and the game lacked alot of the atmosphere of MOO, but RTS space combat...it was really fun. The overall game world outside of combat was real time as well, with planets orbiting their stars etc, a ships in system speed and the ability of a fleet to intercept another fleet was important, among other factors. I also liked the space design interface.. each ship class was just a different in terms of room availble.. you could put fighters in a colony transport and create something resembling an LCV, and similar building strategies.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
No game should get a remake unless they were really old.Remastered, Ports, or Reanaginings are welcomed though.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I have the same view on remakes as Yahtzee does on sequels; we shouldn't spend time remaking classic games, the gaming industry needs to keep moving forward. I never had any interest in Tomb Raider Anniversary and when there were rumours of a FFVII remake for PS3 all I cared about was seeing more news on FFXIII and Versus XIII. Keep making new and interesting games rather than bringing back old games with better graphics is what I say

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
Magic Carpet 1 and 2.

Although i have only played the 2nd one, i would love to create or see a creation of the Magic carpet as i loved that game. i find the graphics could be made better and of course be made suitable for new computer systems instead of Windows 95/98 of which i now do not have working since they are in the loft :(