Old games you are still playing?

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
I'm not sure I'd class PS2 as "really old", but ok... Though I guess it depends on which console generation you're from haha. I'm assuming "old" means anything before the current generation.

Apart from Skyward Sword, I haven't bought a new game in what some people would consider a really long time (Portal 2 in the summer, then Left 4 Dead 2 about Xmas 2009, maybe Minecraft in there somewhere too but I wouldn't really count it) :p. So yeah, almost all my gaming is with "old" games.

Restarted and achieved all 180 emblems in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (GC) last year.
Completed Luigi's Mansion too.
Currently playing Okami (PS2).
Ocarina of Time (GC)
Age of Empires II (PC)
Grim Fandango (PC)
Legend of Zelda (NES)
Zelda II (NES)

There were definitely some more, and I plan on buying an old N64 controller sometime soon, for use with an emulator.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I like to crank up the old ps1 sometimes and play a bit of Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot. I also drag out Rome Total War fairly often.

For more recent stuff I like to drag out the old Burnout games on the ps2 and the 1st 3 Jak and Daxter games.

CountryMike

Jul 26, 2008
The first X-Com (or UFO, whatever it's called). Looking forward to both the strategy AND FPS new X-Com games.

Also Doom. Obviously

They've aged pretty well, unlike Half Life which I think is terrible by today's standards :(

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
I just played through the whole Metal Gear series, including the original Metal Gear which came out the same year I was born ('87)

I love going back to old games, I'm always going back to the SNES, PSX, and PS2 era. Such good times, while games look better they have fallen in quality in a few other aspects, but still honestly I love every generation of gaming so far (except pre-NES, I don't know why but those games just seem obscenely hard and pointless to me), and I'll keep going back.

Leninv3l

Jan 4, 2012
I'm guilty of pulling out my Atari 2600 from time to time and playing a wicked game of Basketball with a friend. Would be much better if the joysticks didn't "just kinda work".

Badong

May 26, 2010
I play Pong on my phone; do I win? I play Counter Strike from time to time, and a shit ton of NES and SNES games on my emulator whenever I get really bored.

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
X-Wing
TIE Fighter
G-Police
B-17
FF VII
Crash Bandicoot
Destruction Derby
IL2 Sturmovik: 1946 (I know that the 1946 edition only released a few years ago but the base game that it's built on is 10+ years old and I've been playing since release)

Sumrex

Apr 4, 2010
age of empires and the old jedi knight games the others wont run on windows 7

Ravnican

Jul 19, 2010
Half-Life, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Deus Ex, the Monkey Island Series (Secret, Revenge and Curse) and Grim Fandango.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
Fallout, Fallout 2, Might and Magic 6, StarCraft, Diablo 2, X-com UFO Defense (Enemy Unknown outside the US), Morrowind, Breath of Fire 3 (PS1).

Love these games, will probably never stop playing them altogether.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
I still regularly play PS1 games, usually JRPGs that I missed out on or never got around to during that time. I think it was the golden age and console for that genre. I think JRPGs tend to age really well so the games are still highly enjoyable. I'm about 40 hours into Dragon Warrior VII. I also have a few games lined up to play in my backlog. Wild Arms, Alundra, Breath of Fire IV, and Hoshigami to name a few.

I recently found a great package. Dungeons and Dragons Classic Anthology. It includes Baldur's Gate 1+2 and all the expansions, Icewind Dale 1+2 and all the expansions, and Planescape Torment. It only cost 20 dollars. Great value for how much content there is.

At the time (late 90s) I couldn't play these games due to horrible frame rate issues, but this package has been optimized for Windows 7 and XP. After I'm done with a few newer games I've been playing I'm probably going to start up Planescape Torment which I hear nothing but good things about.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I have the first Half-Life for the PS2 and play a bit of verses and Half-Life: Decay with my brother every couple of months or so. Other than that that I still break out Rainbow Six Vegas 2 every now and then.

Johnnydillinger

Aug 16, 2011
Half Life, Monster In My Pocket (NES), Batman (NES), GTA Vice City/San Andreas is something I like to dick around with sometimes, Prince Of Persia sands trilogy games, and on a yearly basis, all 4 Hitman games. Other than that I usually take out some oldies from the bunch, but never complete them a second time.