Old games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
In honour of the original thread.

Describe any games which you remember but have forgotten the name of, and maybe someone else will be able to help you.

Th3Ch33s3Cak3

Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It was a first person shooter. You played as a British and/or American soldier(s). It took place in the modern world. The antagonists were evil arabs/russians/terrorists. The colour pallet consisted of various shades of gray and/or brown. It used an aim-down-sights mechanic coupled with the ability to sprint. At one point in the game, there is a stealth/gullie suit mission. The game predominantly took place in the Middle-East. The game also had an online mode, which gave you the ability to rank up. This would give you access to more weapons and weapon modifications. I should note that the rank system wasn't a skill rank system, but more of a level system (i.e., you rank had nothing to due with your skill/play level; you simply gained ranks when you got enough points). Points were awarded for various events, such as kills and capturing points. I should also mention that whenever you hit someone, a notation (in the form of four lines imposed on your crosshair) would appear.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
It was a first person shooter. You played as a British and/or American soldier(s). It took place in the modern world. The antagonists were evil arabs/russians/terrorists. The colour pallet consisted of various shades of gray and/or brown. It used an aim-down-sights mechanic coupled with the ability to sprint. At one point in the game, there is a stealth/gullie suit mission. The game predominantly took place in the Middle-East. The game also had an online mode, which gave you the ability to rank up. This would give you access to more weapons and weapon modifications. I should note that the rank system wasn't a skill rank system, but more of a level system (i.e., you rank had nothing to due with your skill/play level; you simply gained ranks when you got enough points). Points were awarded for various events, such as kills and capturing points. I should also mention that whenever you hit someone, a notation (in the form of four lines imposed on your crosshair) would appear.
I believe you're talking about Animal Crossing.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
A side scrolling NES game. $ would drop from the sky but given the graphics, I thought they were honeycomb. I think red apples dropped down too. You could view a map, like Mario Brothers that allowed you to go to connecting levels . Been 35 years, sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Self-Confident Jester

Apr 12, 2020
Country
Ukraine
Well, the game i was searching for years describes like this.
First of all, it was a long time ago than ive played this game (2007 - 2009), so it might be pretty old. It was 3D, from the third person and was a magic academy/castle setting. Game is simple by quests, but all the quest i can remember is a spider room, those who were dropping gold. Also there was a dungeon and a hand dragon. To enter the dungeon you need to go outside of castle/academy in the garden( i suppose?) and find mine/cave. Inside it was looking like some square plain ruins with some skeletons and i remember also floor symbol puzzle. Sadly, thats not enough to find this game by myself, so i really need a help from some well-known master of RPG/dungeon crawling master.

Self-Confident Jester

Apr 12, 2020
Country
Ukraine
might be some of Call of Duty series, probably Modern warfare

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Delta Force Land Warrior?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
So I have a couple from my misspent youth playing the vidya games. All of them were computer games but I don't know if they were PC or MAC. All of which I played in the 1980's.

-A game about trying to reach the north pole. At one point you have a dogsled and at another point you have a snowmobile(At some point you have to switch off but I can't remember which one comes first). The main thrust of the game is arcadely sequences where you avoid obstacles but every so often you get a multiple choice option that can affect the rest of the game. One of them got you a narwhal tusk that you could trade for a better transport option.

-A game where you run around a castle and it's grounds. Very simple graphics. You could get eaten by a dragon or a worm and then you'd be inside the worm with a possibility of getting out and escaping.

-A game you were trying to solve mysteries and the culprits were usually robots of some sort. You had to piece together the right robot suspect from clues. It was in a building of some sort and you used a camera, I believe.

-A game where you got shrunk down and injected into someone's body, presumably to save their life. You go through their blood vessals to travel through the body and at one point you got to go through the heart. Basically a videogame version of fantastic voyage. Super simple graphics(like white and red and black, i believe).

That's literally all I remember from any of them.

Elisa

Apr 24, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm new here, I've been searching for a game for about a year, can I post its description here?
Thank you

Elisa

Apr 24, 2020
The game has the top view or what is called a bird's eye, meaning you are looking at the game from above, and the game is old, and I played it on Windows XP, but it may be a PC game or a flash (browser) game I don’t remember.

The release date of the game is approximately between 1990-2007, that is, it is old (I mean very old).

The game is a strategy or shooting game and is like Power Pete in its idea only, not in its graphics, as the map in my game is bigger and there is no margin on the right that contains the instructions. Also, my game like these two games: “Zax alien hunter” and “Alien shooter”, they are similar to my game in the game idea.

Graphics for the game are very similar to the graphics found in the well-known Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty game that was released in 1999 and similarities are in graphics, game perspective, and full screen mode, but you play with only one character and is a small hunter instead of 4 as in the commandos game.

Initially when the game starts, you play as a small hunter holding a handgun in his hand, his hand at his shoulder level, and the character is small because the game has the bird’s eye perspective so I don't remember more features about it.

Your enemies are white rabbits on the first map, and they are also young as the hunter because the game perspective is from the top, and in the second map, they get bigger, pinkish, become savage, and their forms become different from that of rabbits, also the map becomes darker.

Gameplay mechanisms: the character (the hunter) moves toward the mouse pointer and the mouse symbol becomes like a shooting symbol, i.e. a circle divided into four parts (cross symbol), you can move the character up by moving the pointer up where it follows and going towards it, and also if you want the character to walk right, you have to point the mouse to the right and the character will follow the mouse.

The first map is similar to the mars or desert with some rocks and there exist a river and there are also rabbits which are the enemy of your character, white rabbits move around themselves or just stand in their place until the hunter is close enough to them then they move toward him, and when they become close to the hunter at a certain distance you can kill them by clicking on them until they die, but if they are far away you cannot, and when the rabbits die, they spills a blood stain on the floor.

Also, there are carrots on the ground, your character collects them and takes advantage of them in one way or another.

How to move the character: either the character cannot stop, once you open the game, the character begins to walk toward the mouse immediately, or the character turns his face toward the mouse only and then when you press the Spacebar key it moves toward the mouse, one of these two methods was a method you move the character.

I remember that there was a bridge over a river in the first map, where I was approaching a rabbit he follows me to kill me but I continue walking and approaching another rabbit and so on until a group of rabbits follow me, and then I cross the bridge and I move to any side immediately after crossing the bridge so the rabbits fall into the river because rabbits follow the hunter in a straight line, also the river is stained with bloodstains when they fall into it.

Also, the character was collecting a bomb from the ground, and when you use it you will kill all the rabbits on the screen.

The objective of the game: to kill all rabbits on the map so that you can enter the next map.

When you cannot face many rabbits gathered around you, the rabbits beat the hunter until he dies in the same way that they die as he spills out a bloodstain on the ground and they continue to beat him even when he is dead xD.

The game is old and I do not remember its name, and I do not know whether it is a flash game or PC game.

I tried to give details as much as I can to help you forming a clear vision of the game and to remember it.

I appreciate your help very much.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
-A game where you got shrunk down and injected into someone's body, presumably to save their life. You go through their blood vessals to travel through the body and at one point you got to go through the heart. Basically a videogame version of fantastic voyage. Super simple graphics(like white and red and black, i believe).
Microsurgeon?
Did anyone know it?
Sorry, doesn't ring a bell :/

Ghostrick Dorklord

Ordinary High School Girl
Legacy
Oct 2, 2009
Through the Looking Glass
Country
Wonderland
I have a really odd case because I can remember the name but can't find it exactly or I'm remembering wrong. Idk.

I think its called Alto or something like that. It was some old game from the DOS era if I recall. But its weird because its kind of a Mario clone but not really? It was more like Donkey Kong than Mario's own games but the player character looked like Mario. And the title character had this white and green color palette. I was reminded because Luigi's 2nd Melee palette (the one with the white hat, green overalls, and brown everything else) and it brought back memories.

I can't seem to remember it clearly apparently. I have been trying to revisit some older games from my childhood but this is one that's just evading me. Maybe it never happened and I'm going crazy.

FennecZephyr

Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United States
Okay there was this one sprite based PS1 JRPG I can barely remember. There are churches all about the place that serve a gameplay function of removing curses (maybe other status effects too). I remember one of the characters getting cursed or having a curse as part of the plot, and the churches couldn't do anything about it because it was too strong.

Only other detail I remember was that one dungeon had one of those sliding picture tiles puzzles that made me drop the game because I was a stupid child that couldnt comprehend those puzzles.

Any idea?

Self-Confident Jester

Apr 12, 2020
Country
Ukraine
Okay there was this one sprite based PS1 JRPG I can barely remember. There are churches all about the place that serve a gameplay function of removing curses (maybe other status effects too). I remember one of the characters getting cursed or having a curse as part of the plot, and the churches couldn't do anything about it because it was too strong.

Only other detail I remember was that one dungeon had one of those sliding picture tiles puzzles that made me drop the game because I was a stupid child that couldnt comprehend those puzzles.

Any idea?
I believe It's Jrpg "Beyond the beyond", also description of curses reminds me old baldur's gate with a wild magic curse, when you turn yourself into a squirel, which cant be debuffed by any of decursing spells or church help.