Old games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
It's not an old game, it's an Early Access that I remember seeing but can't recall the name of.

It's basically a roguelite where every session of the game is you dreaming, and going into your own subconscious to do battle with the darker aspects of your psyche. And dying just means you wake up.

It looked pretty slick, but the name of it is completely escaping me.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
The game I couldn't remember the name was something like a game of intelligence. There were blocks of different colors or letters. I couldn't remember the detail. We selected and destroyed the blocks with the mouse to have the same color/letter. Then other blocks were falling, but no new blocks were coming from the top. Our goal was to combine as many blocks as possible to detonate them and to keep the few blocks indestructible. I was playing on an Xp computer, I think it may have been around 2005 or before.
I assume you mean something like Super Collapse? Unfortunately, there are a ton of similar games, but here is a list of them organized by year.

Reactions: ismail0100

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
It's not an old game, it's an Early Access that I remember seeing but can't recall the name of.

It's basically a roguelite where every session of the game is you dreaming, and going into your own subconscious to do battle with the darker aspects of your psyche. And dying just means you wake up.

It looked pretty slick, but the name of it is completely escaping me.
Could that have been Dreamscaper?

Reactions: happyninja42

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Hello everyone.
The game I couldn't remember the name was something like a game of intelligence. There were blocks of different colors or letters. I couldn't remember the detail. We selected and destroyed the blocks with the mouse to have the same color/letter. Then other blocks were falling, but no new blocks were coming from the top. Our goal was to combine as many blocks as possible to detonate them and to keep the few blocks indestructible. I was playing on an Xp computer, I think it may have been around 2005 or before.
Is it like Destruct-O-Match from Neopets?

Edit: Ninja'd by Meximagician with an entire list of similar games. Dang.

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
There was no level my game. Just get the highest score.

It's very similar. Not this game but very similar. Thank you guys.
Did you look at the list Meximagician posted? Here it is again if you missed it.

It seems pretty comprehensive so it must be one of these games.

ismail0100

Jul 16, 2020
Country
Türkiye
Did you look at the list Meximagician posted? Here it is again if you missed it.

It seems pretty comprehensive so it must be one of these games.
Yes yes, I search this page. It is kinda hard find so many games :) And some games has no preview :(

GGGo

Jul 30, 2020
Country
United States
Hello! I need help looking for an old ps2 game I played when I was little. I remember it was a brick breaker/atari outbreak game. There were bosses that you would have to defeat with using the ball and there were multiple powerups that consist of multiple balls, balls on fire, bigger platforms, a powerup that grants you the ability to shoot at the bricks but the shooters were places on the edges of your platform etc. I also remember that you could play couch multiplayer up to at least 2 but I can't remember if it was possible to play with more or not. Also, I remember that the game was super cute as in like there was a lot of pink. The case of this game was in a basic plastic CD case, although I don't think that was its original case. I believe the lobby was structured like candy crush with the paths and levels although that is where my memory fails me so I do not think that it would be much help.

I tried looking all over the internet for this game and found nothing, if anyone can help me find this game again it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
Hello! I need help looking for an old ps2 game I played when I was little. I remember it was a brick breaker/atari outbreak game. There were bosses that you would have to defeat with using the ball and there were multiple powerups that consist of multiple balls, balls on fire, bigger platforms, a powerup that grants you the ability to shoot at the bricks but the shooters were places on the edges of your platform etc. I also remember that you could play couch multiplayer up to at least 2 but I can't remember if it was possible to play with more or not. Also, I remember that the game was super cute as in like there was a lot of pink. The case of this game was in a basic plastic CD case, although I don't think that was its original case. I believe the lobby was structured like candy crush with the paths and levels although that is where my memory fails me so I do not think that it would be much help.

I tried looking all over the internet for this game and found nothing, if anyone can help me find this game again it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
Could that have been Sorcerer's Maze?

Reactions: GGGo
Jul 31, 2020
Country
Croatia
So, I just remembered that I played a game where you were this ball, moving around and completing levels. It was made in 2D Bird's Eye view. I thought it was HaxBall or something similar to that, but I am unable to find it. The game had two player mode and you could find demos of it around, but I cannot seem to find it or remember it. I might remember some details later on, but this is all I have for now.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
So, I just remembered that I played a game where you were this ball, moving around and completing levels. It was made in 2D Bird's Eye view. I thought it was HaxBall or something similar to that, but I am unable to find it. The game had two player mode and you could find demos of it around, but I cannot seem to find it or remember it. I might remember some details later on, but this is all I have for now.
That is probably either Marble Madness or one of it's many, many clones. Here is a list of similar games, though I doubt that's a complete list...

Jul 31, 2020
Country
Croatia
That is probably either Marble Madness or one of it's many, many clones. Here is a list of similar games, though I doubt that's a complete list...
Sadly, that is not it and it is not there. A few things that I managed to remember is that the ball was nicely animated (it was not static). The game did have some 3d elements implemented like the rolling of the ball itself, or when the ball jumped it got bigger and such. I know that the game is post 2000, but it should not be after 2008. The color of that ball was Orange-Brown square shapes on it.

Racola

Aug 1, 2020
Country
Canada
Hi! I have a game I can't remember the name of but I have details about it.

It was I think 2000's or 2005?

I played it on mac but there might have been a PC version.

So when you select the first mission, it has an intro. The game is 2d by the way and like a birds-eye view. The Intro shows that the earth is under attack by like 3-4 red ships, and there are like some blue ships in front of earth trying to protect it. The blue ships all are destroyed and then earth is destroyed, and then you get into the first mission.

when you start, you're a little blue fighter that has to like destroy some red fighters and it's basically the tutorial part. You have a minimap that shows you where you are, BUT the rest of it is covered because it doesn't show the areas you haven't explored. Once you explore a certain area you can see it on the minimap.

Keep in mind, there is no land, it's in space.

One of the missions is finding a big red ship and going behind it and shooting at it until it runs out of health or something and it's now on ur team. then when you have like a few ships you go against this one that kind of reminds me of a CIS Lucrehulk thing and it's red btw. you have to fly behind it in your small fighter and disable it before it destroys the rest of ur team

another mission is like there are 4 enemy ships on every corner of the map and they spawn red fighters. u need to go and take over each one I think

if someone could help me this would be great thanks

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
It's an online game, possibly even still around? Early 2000s if I recall correctly but, basically it was based in a scifi setting, on a planet that had been colonized and terraformed by humanity.

The big theme was nano-technology, and it had classes like Doctor, and Enforcer, and you could invest points in abilities like Shotgun, or Martial Arts, along with medicine and other stuff.

I think it might be Anarchy Online? But it's hard to tell, the images I'm seeing of that title don't look anything like the game I remember, but seeing as it was first released 19 years ago, that's not a big surprise.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It's an online game, possibly even still around? Early 2000s if I recall correctly but, basically it was based in a scifi setting, on a planet that had been colonized and terraformed by humanity.

The big theme was nano-technology, and it had classes like Doctor, and Enforcer, and you could invest points in abilities like Shotgun, or Martial Arts, along with medicine and other stuff.

I think it might be Anarchy Online? But it's hard to tell, the images I'm seeing of that title don't look anything like the game I remember, but seeing as it was first released 19 years ago, that's not a big surprise.
It could be Tabula Rosa.

Herbert

Aug 15, 2020
Hello, I'm looking for a game that I used to have on a Windows Vista PC around 2010-2012, it wasn't exactly, 1 game, it was one of those sort of old games, which had multiple games within it, and I think it was called like, "100 Games Plus", or something like that, but I'm not sure.

When you opened it, it took up the whole screen, but the actual game window was only a small square in the center, and the rest was black, it had a main screen which was like a dark blue and sort of grayish, and I think at the top right it had a logo of like a chess piece and a puzzle piece next to it, and to the left, it had a directory/navigation pane, (like in Window's File Explorer) where there were different categories for the games, which I think were, "Math (I think?), chess/classics, puzzles, arcade", and maybe a few more, I don't fully remember, and when you clicked on each, it dropped down a list of games, and when you opened a game from any of those sections, when you quit the game, each section would also have a screen like the first main one with the chess piece and puzzle piece.

I remember of a few games, one of them I think was from the Math section, and I think it was like the "3 Billy Goats Gruff", or something like that, where there was 1 goat, (which I think looked more like an upright moose), trying to cross a bridge, and on the other side a green troll, and the bridge was made out of two layers of planks, your view was sort of from the side, from where you could see the ends of the planks on which were numbers, and you had to multiply (or something) to go forwards or backwards, and so on until you crossed the bridge or lost to the troll, and I think fell off the bridge? The most similar game I've found as a sort of 'reference image', which still isn't too similar is on this site

Mr. Nussbaum - Crossing Math Canyon - Online Game

Two other games I remember, (even the name of, (which has so far been useless)), are both with the same character, "Leroy", but were in different sections, (I'm not sure which), the first one I think was called just "Leroy", it was all throughout in a dungeon setting, your view was from the side, and I guess it was sort of like a copy of Mario

The movements that the character had were, from "Side to side, Jumping and Crouching", and maybe he could get a power up to jump higher?, I think that he either started, or ended the first or every level like in a cave, at the top left, or maybe it was a room that was blocked and he had to jump (like Mario, sort of) to break with his head the blocks blocking the entrance, and there were different levels, and I think in that same place there were three blocks lined up, which he couldn't break, until throughout the level he broke other blocks which dropped keys, or maybe he just found them lying around (in special rooms),

The threats there were, a Giant floating eyeball which would from time to time just float around, and if it touched you, I think you died, but if you jumped on it you could kill it, and there was a set amount of those, another threat were some sideways flying biting jaws, that could also kill you, also there was no "Fall Damage", but if you fell all the way down onto the floor, instead of on the little platforms which you were always jumping on, the floor was filled with spikes which killed you, and I think you had 3 lives, also, in a later level, I remember there was a room to the right, which you entered from above, which the eyes usually gathered in, which had the walls and roof covered in spikes, and in there was one of the keys, and there might've also been some coins you collected along the way and that's all I remember of that game.

Now, how the character looked was, he had sort of long brown hair, a cyan or light blue short sleeved shirt, I think either khaki or brown pants, and brown shoes, and I think he had a brown backpack, and he always had either a frown or a serious face, and when he crouched he would sort of get his head between his knees facing you and he could still jump normally, and just as high, and it looked both funny and weird.

The other game that I remember with the same character was called "Leroy Returns", in this one he had the same face, but different clothes, instead he had like a super hero suit, like a dark blue shirt, (with like a Superman logo?), a white underwear? And I'm not sure about the pants

This game he started out in the desert, and there was like an orangey stone wall to the left, and a bit high up, if you jumped, you could get a power up, which I think let you jump higher, and it left like a "Sonic" style light/blur trail behind him, now to go forward in this one, there were like natural looking stone pillars coming up and out of a pool of lava, and from time to time, I think there were like lava worms that you could sort of see swimming and coming up a bit, and you had to jump from one to another, until the end, where I don't remember what happened.

Like in the previous one, there were flying jaws coming at you from the right.

There are a few more games that I sort of remember from that, but not as much, these were the most fun ones, so I played them the most.
And that's all I remember.

Another game I'd like to find, was one I think I had on a Windows 95 computer, (or one of those older operating systems), which might've some with the computer?

It was a little simple space game, where you were a little space ship, which, I'm not sure how, but sometimes you could turn green, maybe it was a power up?, but the point of the game (I think) was to steer with the mouse and shoot with the space bar, and you could shoot little white dots, in the direction you were facing, and, I'm not sure if you had to hit other space ships, or asteroids, which you had to shoot to destroy to not get hit and lose

I think there was only one life, but you could just start over, and I don't know if there was any points system or not.

The side of the screen with the ship in space was mostly black, except for your ship, and the incoming objects, and I think to the right was a vertical white/grayish rectangle, which probably had some options, and it also (I think) had a blackish circle, which showed your ship, and how it rotated, and the position it was facing and so on, (I'm not sure about that white/grayish rectangle, but I think so), and that's all I remember for that one.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
It was on PS1 and all I remeber is you get a ring early on and I think it was like a slightly futuristic but everything was Medieval

The gameplay was pretty bad

Drathnoxis

Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
It was on PS1 and all I remeber is you get a ring early on and I think it was like a slightly futuristic but everything was Medieval

The gameplay was pretty bad

You're gonna have to be a lot less vague. There a lot of medieval games where you collect rings.