Old Games you want remade or rereleased

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Remade-
Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels
Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX.

Rereleased-
Suikoden III, in the EU this time please you assholes!

EstrogenicMuscle said:
I've got to say, I wasn't sad to see the MML3 that they were going to make get cancelled. I hated what they were doing with it... I mean, when MML2's ending played, how many of us were imagining resolving matters as some rubbish new hero with a rubbish new community chosen sidekick? Not many I'd wager.

That being said I would kill to get a proper revival.

Edit: And I suppose I wouldn't complain if they wanted to remake the first two Legends games (and Misadventures, please...) for the PS4.

Feb 22, 2009
mbarker said:
I would like to have Basket Ball Nightmare remade, and Joust remade as a FPS.

rereleased:Beyond Good and Evil, Wasteland and Pikmen 1.
Pretty sure they did one of those HD rereleases of BG&E already for PS3 and X360!

Remade: Resident Evil 2 and 3. The remake of the first one was great, but it makes it so that the graphics on the other two look like a joke now, and prevents me from taking them seriously enough to be scared. Oh, and of course the typical FFVII answer. Cos that'd be awesome, quite frankly.

Rereleased: The Third Monkey Island game! Simply because I've never had the chance to play it and, while people tend not to think of it as highly as the first two, I've still heard a lot of good things about it so would love the chance. And FFX (I gather they're already working on this, but fuck are they taking their time).

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
Lilani said:
Just give me FFVII with modern graphics and voice-acting. Maybe I'll understand and pay attention to the convoluted story if I don't have to read it all from little low-poly figurines that look like happy meal toys that got run over by a car.

And yes, I understand that's the best they could do with PS1 graphics, but still. If they're willing to fucking re-release Final Fantasy X, then with how much begging has gone on for a FFVII remake not doing it at this point is just trolling. I understand Square isn't doing so well at the moment, but surely there's enough nostalgia for it that a HD re-release of FFVII could earn them some serious bank.
The funny thing is Square-Enix has stated one of the reasons they haven't remade FFVII is because they would need to bring in voice actors as that is what people expect of a FF game these days and it would be a large undertaking. Frankly, for me I would just like the updated graphics. I can do just fine reading text. If they'd just update the graphics and rerelease it, they'd be out of their finanical hole in days.

OT: I have to echo the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron rerelease. I had so much fun with the original on my computer, but didn't care for the two sequels as much. Same with X-Wing, Tie Fighter and Wing Commander series. Loved these games (and bought the Wing Commander series a little while ago from GOG.com) and itch to play a good space sim again.

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
Sid Meier's Alpha Centuri needs a sequel or a remake. to bring the graphics up to modern speed.
[Games] exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten [publisher] seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and [play] our fill.

CEO Nwabudike Morgan "The Ethics of Greed"

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
COMaestro said:
The funny thing is Square-Enix has stated one of the reasons they haven't remade FFVII is because they would need to bring in voice actors as that is what people expect of a FF game these days and it would be a large undertaking. Frankly, for me I would just like the updated graphics. I can do just fine reading text. If they'd just update the graphics and rerelease it, they'd be out of their finanical hole in days.

OT: I have to echo the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron rerelease. I had so much fun with the original on my computer, but didn't care for the two sequels as much. Same with X-Wing, Tie Fighter and Wing Commander series. Loved these games (and bought the Wing Commander series a little while ago from GOG.com) and itch to play a good space sim again.
They had voice actors for the cast of FFVII in Advent Children, so presumably they could just call those people up again. Not sure if they'd want to call up Lance Bass for Sephiroth again though, he might be expensive.

I sort of see their point though, now that you mention it. They wouldn't just need voice acting, they'd need all new models and animated scenes to go with it. Basically every cutscene and instance would have to be restructured.

Still, if they did it right, I think they could get a return on their investment. I'm sure a plain graphical/sound overhaul would also sell, but I like to indulge in wishful thinking sometimes :p

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Remake Armed and Dangerous. That game needs an upgrade, because its most positive qualities (humour, characters) haven't aged very well at all. A remake could take out the cheap jokes and lazy references, improve the animations, and perhaps produce more varied gameplay - it would fix the many flaws of a still enjoyable game, and retain the very best bits. Specifically, the goddamn shark gun.

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
1. Top on my list is a proper Xcom: Enemy unknown game. The one made by firaxis is ok but its not what I want out of an xcom game and the Xenonaughts, being made by Golden hawk, has quite a few things I dont like as much either. Both are good in their own way but they arent my favorite game of all time. I just want Xcom with a cleaned up UI, a new engine, decent graphics, and modding tools. Is that to much to ask?

2. That pirate game from the commadore 64. I dont remember what the name is but I remember this pirate game where you could sail around and have massive ship battles, board ships to duel enemy captains (or be boarded), search lands to find buried treasure (there were pieces of treasure maps showing you where it was), and visit free towns to hire crew and get supplies (assuming you didnt raid them from the town or other ships). That would be an awesome game

3. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Actually I would be more excited about a Werewolf: the forsaken (because that setting is far more engaging to me) game in the same style but more bloodlines or another bloodlines like game would be amazing.

4. Icewind Dale. Clean up the UI, give us character customization, and make it turn based instead of that silly combat system we had and it'll be gold

5. Lost vikings. Reboot it, keep it humorous but not silly and give it interesting puzzles

6. Heavy barrel. I struggle to think if it would make a good FPS or 3PS and honestly I think the top down system would work a lot better for this kind of game

7. Descent. We have so few full axis FPS anymore (I would say none if it werent for retrovirus). This was a game I freaking loved and it had a really interesting story too

8 Breath of fire. Im not sure how the sequels turned out, I only played the 3rd one which revisited the goddess trying to seal away the Dragonkin but the first one was amazing and had a really interesting premise. Hell who doesnt want to play a protagonist that can become a dragon?

9. Dungeon keeper 3 or a dungeon keeper reboot. Why has no one done this yet?

10. Secret of Mana or Crystalis. Both had the same style to them but while Secret of mana had the better gameplay IMO Crystalis had the better story. Or just remake both, that works too

11. Master of Orion 2. Although Stardrive looks to be a close sucessor to this 4x game I think it lacks a lot of personality so I just want Master of Orion 3: good edition

woodsymoments

Oct 21, 2009
Remade - TES III Morrowind

Rereleased - Timeslitters

Jut because those are two fantasic games my close seconds for each were Star Wars KOTOR and Jade Empire.

DeltaEdge

May 21, 2010
Tales of Phantasia. Yes, they have remade/ported it to different systems up to the PSP, but I wish they'd upgrade the graphics a bit to at least match the treatment that Tales of Destiny got when it moved to the ps2/psp.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Ace Combat 4/5/Zero HD Collection.

Make it happen Namco, why haven't you jumped on the cash in money train yet? You're usually so quick to ask for money for no work (See: All Namco DLC ever).

Dirge Eterna

Apr 13, 2013
Windcaler said:
9. Dungeon keeper 3 or a dungeon keeper reboot. Why has no one done this yet?

11. Master of Orion 2. Although Stardrive looks to be a close sucessor to this 4x game I think it lacks a lot of personality so I just want Master of Orion 3: good edition

I agree Dungeon Keeper was so fun! I loved finally being able to be evil and punish the good guys lol.

And I still play MOA 2, I wish it could be updated as well.

Barciad

Apr 23, 2008
Magic Carpets. Quite advanced for its time if I remember correctly. Huge, magical, strategy shoot em up. Would look great redone.

maconlon439

Nov 16, 2011
Just watched Star Trek: Into Darkness, which got me into a Star Trek mood, so add Star Trek 25th and Star Trek Judgement Rites to the list.

Jan 1, 2013
This is going to be very shocking to everybody.

Final Fantasy VII: I want a remake that puts all graphics in 3D models, based on the original Nomura designs with Super Deformed character models. The battle system should rebalanced to enhance difficulty, random encounters should be done away with, Radiant Historia model. New translation. NO VOICE ACTING!

mbarker

Nov 12, 2008
Since this thread popped up again I'll add another game that I would like to see remade and that is Wasteland and Phyconaughts for a re release for consols.

OrpheumZero

Feb 25, 2010
uchytjes said:
Remade? I'd enjoy seeing Steambot Chronicles remade, but it'd have to be a hell of an overhaul. That game was amazing to play, and the story was quite good as well! But the dialogue was horrible. I'm pretty sure that there wasn't a single point where a character was moving and talking at the same time.

As for re-release I'd have to say Steambot Chronicles again! I really fucking love that game and would like to have a way to play it without needing to buy another ps2.
I like the way you think! I've been replaying it myself, and have had a ton of ideas on what would go into a remake. From minor changes to improve the story, to a buttload of new content like multiplayer battles, a Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing like life-sim mode, and improved combat.

NoMercy Rider

May 17, 2013
I want Outlaws, from LucasArts to be re-released, but that probably won't happen with LucasArts pretty much being shut down. It was the first FPS game I played, so there is some nostalgia, but it has one of the most memorable casts, awesome cinematic animations, soundtrack, and overall great game.

But unfortunately it won't even install on a modern machine, let alone run. I have been tempted to buy an old used machine, just to revisit this classic. There is also an unofficial translation project happening, but news is slow on that end too.

Oroboros

Feb 21, 2011
Most of the games I adore have already been mentioned already, but here's my thoughts on them anyways:

Samurai Rabbit said:
Gladius

Strategy/RPG where you develop a gladiator school in a fantasy alternate ancient Rome. You could have a variety of gladiator types and also mythical creatures like Cyclops, Minotaurs and Yetis!

HD Remake, no need to alter the game, just spruce up the graphics and pop it on Steam or Gamer's Gate.
Gladius was an amazing game for the PS2. It's a real shocker that it sold as poorly as it did. A HD remake would be great-might rekindle interest in the series.

Windcaler said:
4. Icewind Dale. Clean up the UI, give us character customization, and make it turn based instead of that silly combat system we had and it'll be gold

8 Breath of fire. Im not sure how the sequels turned out, I only played the 3rd one which revisited the goddess trying to seal away the Dragonkin but the first one was amazing and had a really interesting premise. Hell who doesnt want to play a protagonist that can become a dragon?

I would be infinitely more interested in an Icewind Dale remake or re-release than I ever can be for that MMO that's wearing its skin like buffalo Bill. Good call.

Breath of Fire Series was amazing. While I consider #3 to be the best, the others are worth a look as well. All quality games. Be warned however, Capcom recently announced Breath of Fire 6...and it looks like garbage. I wouldn't personally trust Capcom with either a remake or re-release of any of the games in the series if this is how they handle a sequel.

Master of Orion (and Master of Magic) are two series that desperately need a modern reimagining, IMO.

As for other series, I would really appreciate a modern remake of the Colony Wars games.