Old Games You've Had an Urge to Play Again Recently.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Lugbzurg said:
Just the other day, I suddenly felt the urge to play Fire Emblem 7 again.
I hadn't actually finished it, but, it looks like I left off on the semi-final level.

I'm currently fighting the big, red dragon. I'm pretty sure it's the final boss. Sure wish my huge inventory guy and several other important units didn't bail out on me at the last minute, as I really could have used Dorcas. This dragon doesn't have any visible health, so, I have to idea how much damage it takes to kill it. It deals nearly one-hit kills, and most attacks seem to have no effect. But, at least, like every other boss in the entire game, the dragon never moves from its spot. Despite the fact that selecting them reveals how far they can walk. Well, what good is that if they never use it? Oh, and, thanks to the longbows, I was able to take a bunch of cheapshots at Nergal, as he could only reach two spaces, while I kept shooting three-space arrows at him. Ahhh... game-breaking... such fun...

Hey, I told you this was a spoiler.
Actually, its HP is either 80 or 100, can't remember it right now and if you had Eliwood and Hector pimped out as all hell and equipped their legendary weapons then you shouldn't have any problems at all killing it in two shots (unless you played at hard difficulty which actually caused some bitemarks in my old GBA)

ah, damn, now I want to replay that as well :C

Currently I'm replaying all Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright games. Holy shit, I completely forgot how totally bonkers your opponents are XD

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door.
Baten Kaitos.
Tales of Symphonia.
Those games aren't really that old, but I really want to play them again.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Giants: Citizen Kabuto

So I bought it and played it.

Totally holds up in comparison to modern games.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Blunderboy said:
sanquin said:
Call of Duty 1. (One of the very, very few good ones in the series and similar games in my opinion.)
This Call of Duty?
-Image snip-

You should really check out Red Orchestra 2. It's very similar. At least to the realism servers/clan matches that I used to play in CoD1. Back when I was in a clan.

If you want I have a couple of free 3 day passes in Steam if you want to give it a try? Just PM me your steam name if you're interested.
Yes that's the one I used to have and play. But no thanks for the free RO2 passes. I really just want to play CoD1. Not just because it's good but also because it has nostalgia for me.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Final Fantasy VI, very recently. But since I just bought Lollipop Chainsaw and Max Payne 3, I don't think I'll play a lot of FFVI in the next few days. I'll probably get back to it soon, though.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
I gave Arcanum another playthrough two weeks ago, this time turn-based and as a tech gunslinger/grenadier instead of a sword-and-spells mage. I just love the setting and atmosphere, and I must say the turn-based combat is MUCH better than the real-time, especially if you go ranged.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
Just about everything in my large collection of PC games at some point or another.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
deus ex
i reinstall the game every summer and replay it once since 05.
also ground control 1+2 and world in conflict. Massiv rocks at that shit, too bad they now make ass creed and far cry titles ubisoft.

Jinjer

Jun 16, 2012
I recently started fiddling around with Civilization IV and Red Alert 2 again. Fun times were had :p

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Razoack said:
Squilookle said:
Razoack said:
Smeatza said:
I always go back to Timesplitters: Future Perfect every once in a while.
I feel sorry for you, it's the worst one.

However, i do want to revisit Star Wars Battlefront again as well Star Wars Rogue Squadron.
I dunno- I personally think Future Perfect is the best. Yes, even better than 2. Out of interest, how would you rank the Rogue Squadron games?
I feel the rogue squadrons were really great fun and i wouldn't be against re-introducing the series
No I mean how would you rank the rogue squadron games against each other- which was best, worst etc.

Yokillernick

May 11, 2012
oh that's easy.
I had an urge to play a PS1 game called Wild Arms amazing RPG and also a more recent game on PS2 Star Wars: Battlefront 1 & 2

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
Every year or so i will have the sudden urge to replay final fantasy 8, 9, 10 and Skies of Arcadia on emulators.

And then theres final fantasy 11 which i go back to every now and then but thats fairly rare lately.

Alhazred

May 10, 2012
Ocarina Of Time. I need to look at it again to figure out if it's as good as I remember it. I'm on the forest temple right now, and so far the game hasn't disapointed.