Old Republic Said to Launch Spring 2011

Recommended Videos

Arisato-kun

New member
Apr 22, 2009
1,543
0
0
It seems like the wait for TOR may be a little longer than some of us thought. News reported from Kotaku.

During Electronic Arts' fiscal year 2010 update call today, CEO John Riccitiello cited Star Wars: The Old Republic as a key driver of the company's digital business, noting that the MMO was making "great progress towards a spring 2011 launch."

With all of the character classes revealed, new planets being added to the game's Holonet on a regular basis, and stirrings of beta tests surfacing as early as September of last year, one would think the game was closer than a year and change away. Not so, according to EA's CEO.

"One key driver is going to be the launch date of our major MMO. As it stands today, the game is making great progress towards a spring 2011 launch," Riccitiello said. He then went on to explain that due to the volatile nature of the MMO market and the fact that they have not announced a specific date, they would not be including revenue from the game in their fiscal year 2011 outlook.

EA's fiscal year 2011 runs from April of 2010 to March of 2011.

We've contacted Star Wars: The Old Republic developer BioWare for comment on Riccitiello's statement, and will update should more info arise on the status of the eagerly anticipated title.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5445820/star-wars-the-old-republic-heading-for-a-spring-2011-launch

This news makes me even more excited for TOR. Can't wait to roll my Sith Warrior. It's honestly what I expected with the huge voiceover project and all. MMOs take time. Still, I'd like to hear Bioware's stance on this statement. Maybe EA's CEO is wrong.
 

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
2,514
0
0
The real question is... will it be Mac compatible? If not then... *sigh* damn it. I'm guessing it's not, which would be a shame.

Either way I WILL play it somehow... someday.
 

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
4,719
0
0
Clever, seems to me they're pushing back the release date to well and truly dodge the Cataclysm expansion for WoW. The most they'll have to contend with is a raid release. Might be enough to budge me from Azeroth for a bit.