Old school fallout help

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Today for some bizarre reason i decided to download fallout (original) on steam.Wanted to get back to my pc routes i guess but anyway.So i have been playing for about 15 minutes but then realised that the colours are all mixed up in the cutscenes.

So thought it must need a higher res patch due to the game being so old.So after an hour of downloading,searching,extracting and tweeking i am in the same situation i was in originally.

So any help on either where to get a working high res patch and the steps on how to set it up or anything else that could fix it would be awesome.

Running fallout through steam on windows 7 if that helps and thank you :)

I have missed pc gaming lol

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
I think I had the same problem you are having, if you restart the game the colors work sometimes. Just gotta keep trying.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
Messed up as in the colors are not rendered properly or it's doing that shitty blocky thing where the entire thing gets fucked up?

The latter happened to me.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Matthew94 said:
Why not get the high res patch and set the res and bit settings in the new menu it adds instead of messing with ini files.
Tried to patch it but it didnt seem to work.I then read through the read me files and where it told me to find the installation folder to patch the high res patch but i can not seem to find it only the steam app folders.As the file link doesnt match anything and seems to create a new folder.

I guess the read me isnt using steam to play it.Any ideas on what i could be doing wrong would be awesome thank you

DesertMummy

Jan 6, 2011
There's only like 4 cutscenes in the entire game, so I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
It also mucks up talking heads Desertmummy and thank you Matthew that fixed it.