Old schoolmates getting knocked up!

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
I'm browsing FB and see an old schoolmate (I dare not said 'friend' cos that'd be lyin') has posted sonograms. (Graduating class of 2010)

I'm discussing this with a friend and suddenly, I realize how mad that makes me. I mean, here's the girl who's in Uni (father too) and she's knocked up.

I guess it makes me mad because of all the BC (Birth Control) options there are out there (even if they didn't use protection, rubber/pill) there's the plan-B pill, and to me it just shows how careless they are. And, now all of her friends are praising her and such, blah. It's ridiculous. I know this isn't the 50's and girls don't have to be shipped out of Alaska after gettin' knocked up with bastard children but c'mon, this isn't something to be proud of. "Ooh, yay! I'm bringing a child into the world that I nor my mate can support!"

So, in conclusion, not to offend anyone who got knocked up in Uni.

And, do you have any old mates that are getting knocked up at an astounding rate??

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
I graduated from high school in 2000. More people I know from that time have kids than don't.

Commonly Confused

Jan 30, 2012
I graduated in 2010 as well and the majority of the girls who were in my graduating class are pregnant or have children now, including a few of my friends. To my knowledge, only a few were planned.

I dunno how to feel about it, considering it was just a few years ago, we were talking about all of these great things we wanted to do with our lives before/if we settled down with children.

I know people's minds change but it still sort of makes me sad. It is going to be difficult traveling the world or even having much of a super active life at all with hospital bills and children to care for.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
surprisingly as far as I know I dont think so

mabye onr girl (whom I didnt know) just by randomly seeing her facebook, I found it disturbing

most of my old schoolmates probably think Im dead

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I had a friend in high school who I had a massive falling out with because she started hanging around with some really unpleasant people. She ended up dropping out and while we patched things up eventually (had a little 'no hard feelings' conversation) we never re-established our friendship. I heard that she recently had a child (she was 18 at that time but I think she's 19 now), then broke up with the father. I was a bit surprised, but really I don't give a crap. She seems happy enough with the child and even if she can't support it herself, I'm sure her mother will help her, plus there are government grants and whatnot. She wasn't the most mature, responsible person when I knew her but hopefully she'll learn those skills for the sake of her child. Ultimately I have no opinion on the matter seeing as it's none of my fucking business. I don't see anything to be gained by hating on these girls and being young doesn't negate the possibility of them being good mothers. Live and let live.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Yeah, I've got a similar story. When I was in my first year of Junior High, a girl in my class got pregnant and had an abortion. A few weeks ago, I saw she added me on Facebook, and what a surprise, she has a kid.

It's not my place to judge, though. I don't know the circumstances, but I do know what she was like as a person, and I can't say she had a lot of positive aspects. Fare thee well, kid.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Mortai Gravesend said:
Vault101 said:
Why would they think that you're dead? Did something happen? o__O
uhh no actually...Ive kind of "drfted off the radar" with most people I know...well actually not so much "drifted off the radar" as "could have gone to another planet or has dissapeared into the mountains to live as a recluse...or is in the amazon jungle looking for treasure and being eatn by cannibles"

that kind of thing

smurf_you

Jun 1, 2010
I have heard of SO many people that have had kids =/ (grad 2009 btw) its actually making me feel a bit pressured to be honest (both of my aunts are having babies as well, one of them just had her first and the other is having her second - at 40 *sigh*- ) so I feel a bit... left out I guess.... not that I have any reason to feel that way *shrugs*

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
I finished highschool in 09. Out of my year nobody got pregnant. Even now with the ones Im in contact with no one is pregnant. One of the younger sisters of an old friend from my year has had a child. I knew her pretty well. I couldn't say I'm surprised.

Chased

Sep 17, 2010
Vault101 said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Vault101 said:
uhh no actually...Ive kind of "drfted off the radar" with most people I know...well actually not so much "drifted off the radar" as "could have gone to another planet or has dissapeared into the mountains to live as a recluse...or is in the amazon jungle looking for treasure and being eatn by cannibles"

that kind of thing
Moving on after High school is hardly a bad thing. I rarely talk to anyone from my old High school. I think it's more depressing one someone clings on to stuff like that IMO.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Chased said:
Vault101 said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Vault101 said:
snip
that kind of thing
snip.
true...but that has left me somwhat freindless, and not really in much of a position to meet new people

not that Im complaing mind.....

Cazza said:
I finished highschool in 09. Out of my year nobody got pregnant. Even now with the ones Im in contact with no one is pregnant. One of the younger sisters of an old friend from my year has had a child. I knew her pretty well. I couldn't say I'm surprised.
WOOOOOOO!!! LEAVERS 09! YEAH...

hahaha....I was alittle bitter I didnt get to go to leavers..but anyway I remember itwas suhc a huge deal (and we were all soo entitles)

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Graduate of the class of 1993. Most everyone has kids now, some are at high school.

Shit, twenty year reunion coming up. Must start backgrounding outrageous lies about myself.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
I graduated High School in 2005. a LOT of my classmates have had babies, although not many of them are married. My sister is currently pregnant with her second and an old college mate is expecting his second soon too.

I Hate children. I really REALLY do.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Small town Saskatchewan, this was happening before I even graduated with my class. I do not associate with a good number of my High School 'comrades'. Of course I had friends and people I liked but there was a very vibrant sex circle.

Needless to say I don't have them on Facebook.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
A girl I grew up with dropped out at year 10 (16-years-old) and now has two kids to her "fiancée".

The thought of having children at 21 makes my uterus curl up on itself.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, a few people I "knew" from school have had kids. This is bearing in mind I left in 2010.

Can't say I'm surprised though, since Dundee and the surrounding area is basically the Teen Pregnancy Capital of Britain (and ergo Europe since Britain is the "capital" of that)

2008: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7471713.stm
2009: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/07/12/dundee-now-britain-s-teen-pregnancy-capital-78057-21513918/
2011: http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/260439-dundee-once-again-named-teenage-pregnancy-capital-of-scotland/

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
One of the reasons I don't have Facebook, I'm actually one of the few that don't have children already which is kinda sad considering I'm 21 and we graduated in 2008, only me, my best friend [small](who is gay)[/small], my ex-girlfriend and her 4 friends [small](Who are all gay now)[/small] and another classmate who is actually pretty much what you'd call a ladies man don't have children so yeah, so that's 8 out of 32.